Clear All
  • Big Dog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Melvin Gordon senses the Chargers are out of sync

Melvin Gordon senses the Chargers are out of sync

By Jeff Miller and Mike DiGiovanna

Chargers running back Melvin Gordon runs for a 19-yard gain that was nullified by a holding penalty on tight end Virgil Green (88) on a third quarter drive at Mile High Stadium. (Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times)

As winners and playoff qualifiers Sunday, the Chargers still expressed some discontent after their 23-9 victory.

That was nowhere more apparent than in front of the locker of running back Melvin Gordon

Desmond KingAnthony Lynn said, declining to elaborate.

King said the early benching was not for disciplinary reasons.

Rayshawn JenkinsBrown hurt

The Chargers suffered another injury at linebacker when starter Jatavis Brown hurt his ankle on the final play of the first quarter and did not return.

The third-year veteran entered the game second on the team in tackles with 95. He was replaced by Hayes PullardDenzel Perryman and Kyzir White already have been lost for the season.

Facyson recoversBrandon FacysonEtc.

Safety Derwin JamesKeenan Allen
  • Wrong Jersey
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Even with a win they are going in to this weekend with some doubt. Not good, IMO I think they would rather play the Ravens down the road a bit. I think the Ravens are in the Chargers heads. If they come out tight the game will get away from the Chargers. The Ravens play way to fast for the Chargers to enter this game with any doubt. The Ravens know they are bad ass. Look I am not bragging but the Ravens thrive on being the tough guy. The Chargers better get their heads right. The Denver game should have been a "get ready" game. I didnt watch the game.....was it? You tell me.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Last edited by Formula 21; 01-02-2019, 03:36 PM.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

I also think that we lost the game only because Gates fumbled... although, to be honest.. it was written that we were going to lose that game, something had to happen.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrong Jersey View Post
          Even with a win they are going in to this weekend with some doubt. Not good, IMO I think they would rather play the Ravens down the road a bit. I think the Ravens are in the Chargers heads. If they come out tight the game will get away from the Chargers. The Ravens play way to fast for the Chargers to enter this game with any doubt. The Ravens know they are bad ass. Look I am not bragging but the Ravens thrive on being the tough guy. The Chargers better get their heads right. The Denver game should have been a "get ready" game. I didnt watch the game.....was it? You tell me.
          Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-02-2019, 03:48 PM. Reason: Typo
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Jagged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Omaha, Nebraska
              • Send PM

Even with a win they are going in to this weekend with some doubt. Not good

Comment

• Wrong Jersey
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I would never say that any game was a "gimme" game. Not one....thats why they play the game.....right? The reason I said that was because of the feeling I got from the interview. He said they were not in sync. His words not mine. He had doubt in his voice....the teams play. His interview lacked confidence. I don't believe I was "spinning" his words......do you?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Wrong Jersey
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I absolutely thought the Ravens were going to lose. Ravens fans has seen this same scenario play out many times. The KC game for one, they had KC in an even worse situation. It was like 4th and 15 and the Chiefs completed a pass for 18 and beat the Ravens by a field goal. I could name many times it has happened. The Chargers game a little different feel to it. All of that said I am not thinking the Chargers game is an automatic win by any circumstance. I do however think the Ravens will win. For the Chargers it really does come down to Rivers. He has to step up and get over that hump, we all know he hasnt done terribly well in the playoffs during his career. He is 3 -4 and is stats are not much better. This is his year to make a run. The Ravens have arguably one of the best defenses in football this is his chance to beat the best. When the playoffs come around everybody's records can be thrown out the window. It is how you have been playing lately. Let me ask you a question, if the Steelers limped in to the playoffs and made it by the skin of their teeth who would you rather play? The Ravens who are 5 -1 in their last 6 or the steelers who had a 3 game lead in the division with 5 to play and collapsed? That is why we should just go by how the teams are playing in their last couple games. How have they been playing? The Ravens are full of confidence, they beat some of the best teams in the AFC and have gone toe to toe with the # 1 seed and almost beat them. That is why the Ravens are confident.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I absolutely thought the Ravens were going to lose. Ravens fans has seen this same scenario play out many times. The KC game for one, they had KC in an even worse situation. It was like 4th and 15 and the Chiefs completed a pass for 18 and beat the Ravens by a field goal. I could name many times it has happened. The Chargers game a little different feel to it. All of that said I am not thinking the Chargers game is an automatic win by any circumstance. I do however think the Ravens will win. For the Chargers it really does come down to Rivers. He has to step up and get over that hump, we all know he hasnt done terribly well in the playoffs during his career. He is 3 -4 and is stats are not much better. This is his year to make a run. The Ravens have arguably one of the best defenses in football this is his chance to beat the best. When the playoffs come around everybody's records can be thrown out the window. It is how you have been playing lately. Let me ask you a question, if the Steelers limped in to the playoffs and made it by the skin of their teeth who would you rather play? The Ravens who are 5 -1 in their last 6 or the steelers who had a 3 game lead in the division with 5 to play and collapsed? That is why we should just go by how the teams are playing in their last couple games. How have they been playing? The Ravens are full of confidence, they beat some of the best teams in the AFC and have gone toe to toe with the # 1 seed and almost beat them. That is why the Ravens are confident.
                      Rivers playoff record is misleading. The Bolts are creative in their ways to lose in thie playoffs. Intercept then fumble, head butts, unsportsmanlike conduct... if its creative, the Bolts will find a way to do it.

over the years, Rivers has played one on twenty two way too often.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Wrong Jersey
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Rivers playoff record is misleading. The Bolts are creative in their ways to lose in thie playoffs. Intercept then fumble, head butts, unsportsmanlike conduct... if its creative, the Bolts will find a way to do it.

over the years, Rivers has played one on twenty two way too often.
                        9 INT's in 7 playoff games. His stats are what they are. It's a team game I get it. But the guy has not showed up when it counted most. BUT as time goes on I am getting a little more concerned about this game. I still think its going to come down to Rivers. We have seen him lose his temper.....lose focus. The Ravens are coming now how will he respond? How will the Oline respond? This game as far as I am concerned is 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                        X