You worthless piece of slime!
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      It seemed that the Second City group peaked in the 80's and 90's, but it hasn't produced much in the past 15 years. Maybe it's age
      I think they've slowed but have continued to be pretty productive. Most of them are approaching their 70s. But Eugene Levy has done a ton in the 2000s (American Pie series, Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, For Your Consideration, Night at the Museum, Serendipity, etc). Martin Short is still all over the place. Ramis did a lot of Office episodes, Analyze This/That, Bedazzled, Year One (unfortunate), Walk Hard, Knocked Up, High Fidelity, etc. Moranis has done mostly animated and kids stuff. Flaherty too. He's still doing lots of stuff. Catherine O'Hara is very busy. She's in all the ensemble movies with Levy and Chris Guest, Temple Grandin, Six Feet Under, Curb, lots of voice stuff, etc. Candy's dead. Thomas has always been a spare. So I think they continue to be pretty active. If you're saying they aren't making the same edgy stuff, no they aren't making Going Berserk anymore LOL But I think that goes with their age. Nonetheless they are still out there producing a lot of good entertainment, TV and kids stuff. They remain a pretty prolific group. But with Ramis and Candy gone, you're going to lose some oomph as far as the storytelling side.
      Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 02-25-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Mourners left Twinkies at a memorial for Ramis in honor of the “Big Twinkie” scene in “Ghostbusters.” (Photo: PIX11) NEW YORK (PIX11/CNN) – “Ghostbusters” fans flocked to a TriBeCa firehouse Monday…
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          But with Ramis and Candy gone, you're going to lose some oomph as far as the storytelling side.
          March 4 will be 20 years since John Candys passing.....whoa
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I was thinking more of the alumnus of the history of Second City, that the alumnus after 2000 have not broken out. Ramis' group (70-80) has done very well, the group around Chris Farley (88-95) was pretty good, but after Tina Fey... nothing significant yet.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              I was thinking more of the alumnus of the history of Second City, that the alumnus after 2000 have not broken out. Ramis' group (70-80) has done very well, the group around Chris Farley (88-95) was pretty good, but after Tina Fey... nothing significant yet.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were talking just the Ramis group. Didn't understand what you meant. My bad.

But yeah, it's not what it once was as far as a hotbed for talent.

Comment

• Jules
                BMF
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Must have crossed the streams.

RIP
                Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

Comment

Working...
                X