• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Adam Muema

Really weird story with this kid. Sure hope he's OK.

• bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Yeah I heard about this a couple of days ago, just the part about not doing drills because God said not to and that he would still become a member of the Seahawks

Strange, I hope he's OK too, but the numerology stuff and the "messiah" connection is weird....
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He's not draftable any more. On the radio, Rocky Long said that he wasn't even sure if he would be drafted in the first place and told Muema and his aunt that it was so. God works in mysterious ways, but i'm sure that He doesn't want Adam to torpedo a chance for a living... but then again, He probably told Tebow that he should only play QB in the NFL, since we know Tim has a direct line to Him.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I hope he get's it together enough for his pro day, he could at least get a shot as an UDFA.

God just told me to call in sick tomorrow and get in 36 holes....I see the forecast is for rain but I don't question these things

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          He's not draftable any more. On the radio, Rocky Long said that he wasn't even sure if he would be drafted in the first place and told Muema and his aunt that it was so. God works in mysterious ways, but i'm sure that He doesn't want Adam to torpedo a chance for a living... but then again, He probably told Tebow that he should only play QB in the NFL, since we know Tim has a direct line to Him.
          Based upon some big boards I looked at, he was not close to being drafted anyway. CBS has him at #433, which is 150+ players beyond the number drafted. Similarly, Drafttek did not have him in their top 350. If he is going to be on the Seahawks, I think it will be as an UDFA.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            I hope he get's it together enough for his pro day, he could at least get a shot as an UDFA.

God just told me to call in sick tomorrow and get in 36 holes....I see the forecast is for rain but I don't question these things
            Haha.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              I see the forecast is for rain but I don't question these things
              Necessary.

Comment

• Kyle
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                He's not draftable any more
                Agreed... but then his chances of signing with Seattle as a UDFA go up considerably. Maybe that's his plan.

EDIT: Just read the OP's linked story. Knew he left, but didn't realize he was missing. Hope he's ok.
                Last edited by Kyle; 02-26-2014, 11:12 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Getting pretty weird...

It's been three days since San Diego State running Adam Muema left the NFL combine on Sunday for religious reasons and his whereabouts are still unknown. Muema hasn't been in touch with those closest to him and no one seems to know where he is, according to U-T San Diego.

"I have no idea where is," a person close to Muema told the paper. "(San Diego State coaches) have been trying to track him down, too. Every time they do, his phone is off... It's a frustrating deal."

After leaving the combine, Muema was scheduled to head to his offseason 'training base' in Florida, but he never showed up, according to U-T San Diego. Although Muema didn't show up to his 'training base,' CBSSports.com can report that Muema did get on a flight to Florida on Monday after leaving the combine. Before getting on the flight, Muema did send out this tweet.

Muema left the combine on Sunday because he said God has a plan for him and that plan involves Muema getting drafted by the Seahawks. Muema said that God told him that if he skipped the combine workouts, he'd get drafted by Seattle.

"Can't go wrong with God," Muema said. "He told me to sit down, be quiet and enjoy the peace." Muema told UT-San Diego that he communicates with God through numbers.

A CBSSports.com video producer just happened to sit two rows behind the San Diego State running back on a flight from Indianapolis to Ft. Lauderdale on Monday. As you can see in the photo at the bottom of the page, Muema was still wearing the shirt he was given at the combine.

Despite possibly still being in Florida, Muema still hasn't been in contact with his agent and still hasn't been at his offseason training base. Muema's high school coach is just hoping he's safe. "It's a big mystery," Lou Farrar, Muema's former football coach at Charter Oak High, said of Muema's whereabouts. "At this point, we just hope he's safe. As long as he's safe. That's all that really matters."

The former Aztec running back is the fourth all-time leading rusher in school history and rushed for 1,244 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2013. That 2013 total includes a 229-yard, three touchdown performance in San Diego State's 49-24 win over Buffalo in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Former San Diego State running back Adam Muema, who left last week's NFL scouting combine early and had not been seen since, is on his way home Friday, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan.

[+] Enlarge
                    Christopher Hanewinckel/USA TODAY Sports
                    Former San Diego State running back Adam Muema left the NFL scouting combine without working out.
                    U-T San Diego, citing sources, said Muema arrived Friday morning at the Florida performance facility where he trained for the combine. One source said he was still dressed in his combine gear.

Muema told U-T San Diego on Sunday that he was "following God" by deciding not to work out. One source told Caplan that Muema's decision not to work out during the combine was a complete surprise to everyone, and that there wasn't anything leading up to that decision that would have indicated he would leave.

NFL teams knew of Muema's decision to leave, the U-T reported. The 21-year-old will still have a chance to work out in front of NFL teams at San Diego State's pro day next month.

Muema is ranked as the 24th-best running back by ESPN's Scouts Inc. The NFL Draft Advisory Board graded him as a fourth to seventh-round pick, according to U-T San Diego.

He ran for 1,244 yards and 15 touchdowns last season and declared for the draft after his junior season.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Still dressed in combine gear? Holden Caulfield like. Hope he's ok

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Yeah, something's going on there.

Comment

Working...
                        X