• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    I think you're right, dog. I am curious about Volson, and whether Qberry might push Feeney.
    Oh no.
    Another Volson fan.
    21&500, this time you've gone too far.
    Now others are going for it.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Lol, don't know the player at all, just curious is all.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Man, we just have different perspectives/opinions about Feeney. I hope you're right about him, really.
        Thank you. I'm OK with different perspectives, it makes me look more closely.
        I'll be trying to get an answer from the Chargers Q&A about why is Feeney the last OL to get set. He appears to be scanning the D formation, checking with Rivers, talking to Pouncey like he's handling OL calls & coordination. Curious.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          I'll be trying to get an answer from the Chargers Q&A about why is Feeney the last OL to get set. He appears to be scanning the D formation, checking with Rivers, talking to Pouncey like he's handling OL calls & coordination. Curious.
          Feeney has some old habits.
          They occur post snap.
          And are hard to unlearn.
          He has the necessary athleticism.
          He lives the game.
          sonora, this is why we can be encouraged.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
            Barring injuries only, our starting OL is:

Okung - Freeney - Pouncey - Lamp - Tevi

Scho at swing tackle

* Pipkin gets next to zero reps at RT all camp
            ** Lamp only gets RT reps if he is worst RG in camp

NOT what I want, but what Coaches have already decided barring injuries... so clear from draft, free agency and quotes in the media that it is set in stone!
            I'm excited to see this group play. I suppose it could be a personal problem but no matter! At least I'm happy!

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Feeney has some old habits.
              They occur post snap.
              And are hard to unlearn.
              He has the necessary athleticism.
              He lives the game.
              sonora, this is why we can be encouraged.
              Oh yeah. The players he chose to block did not make plays very often.
              The pre-snap stuff was patently obvious. I think it was with coaching endorsement. Not standing up, looking around, talking to Rivers every snap should be easy to correct if they didn't approve.

post snap? Like peeling off a combo block to stop a free running sack attempt?
              Last edited by sonorajim; 05-20-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Dan has been the 1 giving MP, Philip is ready, hand signals for the snap. Don't know if that plays into what you noticed.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Oh yeah. The players he chose to block did not make plays very often.
                  The pre-snap stuff was patently obvious. I think it was with coaching endorsement. Not standing up, looking around, talking to Rivers every snap should be easy to correct if they didn't approve.

post snap? Like peeling off a combo block to stop a free running sack attempt?
                  He lunges and ends up off balance,
                  while trying to be to physical.

Fundamentals must be used vs NFL Dlinemen or they will drink your milkshake.

Now, out in space and in combo blocks, Feeney destroys, and this springs Melvin & Austin.

sonora, I started to become more enlightened on this in listening to the Steelers radio gamecast when we played them last year.

This is what they were saying, Steelers radio being more wonky in style, and going in depth.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

He lunges and ends up off balance,
                    while trying to be to physical.

Fundamentals must be used vs NFL Dlinemen or they will drink your milkshake.

Now, out in space and in combo blocks, Feeney destroys, and this springs Melvin & Austin.

sonora, I started to become more enlightened on this in listening to the Steelers radio gamecast when we played them last year.

This is what they were saying, Steelers radio being more wonky in style, and going in depth.
                    Gotcha. I saw that happen on occasion. It's a new year & I'm looking forward to a great Chargers season. We're gonna be very tough to beat.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers: Dan Feeney, Offensive Line

Feeney has started 25 games across his first two NFL seasons, including all 16 in 2018. The problem is that he hasn't performed all that well and his tape is littered with lowlights. With that said, Feeney enters 2019 as an expected starter at guard for the Chargers and LA did very little to add legit competition to the mix that figures to unseat Feeney as the starter.

While that may come as unsettling news to Chargers fans, Feeney was one of my favorite prospects in the 2017 NFL Draft. He was DOMINANT in college, creating movement in the run game, hitting blocks on the move and secure in pass protection. Development is not always linear and I expect a big jump from Feeney in Year Three of his career with virtually two seasons of starting experience under his belt.
                      http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/predicting-2019-afc-west-breakout-performer-for-each-team
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

If Feeney just becomes average, it would be a huge improvement. If this OL just becomes average, this team is Super Bowl capable. Improving from 28th best OL to 16th best OL will pay huge dividends IMO. Year 3 with the young guys is critical.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Feeney was one of my favorites in his draft also. I do not believe that he can not step up, too much ability to waste. No one can guarantee that he will but I expect it.

Comment

Working...
                          X