Championship Game Thread - who do you like going forward?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Uh...the Pats D actually is a top 10 defense for not allowing points. They were not a good sack team but they dial up the agressiveness in playoffs. They realized that going against 2 top 5 qbs their best bet was crowding the line and getting pressure. It just works and its difficult to know who is coming and to have an effective answer to it. Its interesting to see it wasnt just us not being inept....KC was shut down even worse and they even had tape to watch and the top O in the league.

i dont believe they had their playbook....the Pats just were agressive and hit KC in the mouth the first half until KC adjusted to get people open.

I know its only 1 play but Dee Ford really screwed the pooch lining up offside. So basic to look and not be offsides. My 11 year old and I were screaming after the INT and what a let down....PATs got major luck on that...the game was probably over.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      The Saints got their hearts ripped out 2 years in a row in the playoffs. Last year that remarkable catch and TD by Diggs and this year by the non-call that would have ended the game.

Ouch. At least they have a ring to fall back on. We have...

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

Too lazy too look up but I'm pretty sure their QB hits and pressures stats was not 30th. Belichick always priortize hits and pressures (make the QB uneasy, unsafe, uncomfortable) over sacks. He said blantantly that sacks are overrated. In playoffs, better schemes, players elevate their plays, more pressures + hits = more sacks.

Even if they had the opponent's playbook (lmao), there is no way to know what play the playcaller is about to call, unless we're saying that Andy Reid and Sutton are NE's double-agents! They were the ones who call plays.

There are thousands of plays in a playbook. Even unique situational plays usually has up to 50 different plays for playcallers to choose from.

Teams predict plays from film study, tendency study. Smarter coaches guess right more often than lesser coaches.
          Last edited by vinabolt; 01-21-2019, 07:31 AM.
          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

From a lot of coaches and players analyzing the Pats game so far, Belichick mixed up things that Maholmes haven't seen before this season, like 2-linemen look, cover 0, occasional blitz (teams rarely blitz Maholmes since midpoint of the season, afraid of Kelce and Hill), all DBs play "no cheap and deep" style and their main priority was to erase Hill and Kelce, took their chance with Watkins. Mostly play press man-to-man. All-pro CB Stephon Gilmore had a great game, was the main reason that Hill couldn't get anything going.

After halftime, Reid adjusted his routes. Watkins got more 1st and 2nd read. Belichick slowly changed to zone to preserve his DBs' energy for the 4th quarter. If BB had continue to play press after halftime, they could still dominate like 1st half but by 4th quarter his defense would have no gas left, it would be the Manning game in 2006 all over again (NE shut down Manning all game, Manning scored 21 unanswered points in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter to win the CG and go to the SB).
            Last edited by vinabolt; 01-21-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

All I have to say is: Fuck Sean Payton....

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                Too lazy too look up but I'm pretty sure their QB hits and pressures stats was not 30th. Belichick always priortize hits and pressures (make the QB uneasy, unsafe, uncomfortable) over sacks. He said blantantly that sacks are overrated. In playoffs, better schemes, players elevate their plays, more pressures + hits = more sacks.

Even if they had the opponent's playbook (lmao), there is no way to know what play the playcaller is about to call, unless we're saying that Andy Reid and Sutton are NE's double-agents! They were the ones who call plays.

There are thousands of plays in a playbook. Even unique situational plays usually has up to 50 different plays for playcallers to choose from.

Teams predict plays from film study, tendency study. Smarter coaches guess right more often than lesser coaches.
                Short memory.

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

Yeah, short memory. The link is right in the article. Have you even read all of the article?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2008/05/14/apology/ (they confirmed that the report was false)

So former Rams "believe" that they were cheated on, how shocking.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                  Last edited by vinabolt; 01-21-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• vinabolt
                    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                    • Feb 2015
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                    All I have to say is: Fuck Sean Payton....
                    #BountyGateKarma

Karma can be a bitch.

Vikings fans and Favre fans must be feeling a lot of joy right now, lol.

Honestly, Payton and Gregg Williams should be in jail for those bounty, and they should have strip off their "SB title". They got away with it big time.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

I was rooting for Brees, however I said f**k Payton because of his post game conference blah blah.. like he was redeemed and wanted everyone to know that the League called him and apologized.. rubbing it on everyone's face, like a teen needing attention. F**k him for that.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

I guess ive put bounty gate behind me...forgot about it actually. They are a good team and i felt the noncall was horrid....complete botch like i dont know how multiple refs could not call the early contact from across the field even. The wr was blownup a sec before the ball got there...no look back to the ball by the db. That said its in the past and hus team missed on plays down the stretch. Rams are good and got lucky as did the pats with the idiot lined up in the neutral zone presnsp that cost the INT....luck wins games.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post

#BountyGateKarma

Karma can be a bitch.

Vikings fans and Favre fans must be feeling a lot of joy right now, lol.

Honestly, Payton and Gregg Williams should be in jail for those bounty, and they should have strip off their "SB title". They got away with it big time.
                          Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                          X