OT: If you're not watching the paralympic games, you need to check them out.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

OT: If you're not watching the paralympic games, you need to check them out.

I watched the USA/Italy sledge (or sled) hockey game on Saturday and I was amazed. Those guys get after it. The game is a lot more physical than you might think.

After the hockey game NBC showed Women's Biathlon for those with either one arm or limited use of one arm. I do a lot of cross country skiing and believe me, how they free-style up hills using only one pole is no easy task, let alone the shooting aspect of the biathlon. They also showed Men's Biathlon for those without a leg or legs. I frequently see people around here using the "sit-skis" in the Nordic classic tracks. But these guys in the paralympics are on a different level. It takes incredible upper body strength and core muscles to double-pole up hills and going down hills on a sit-ski requires great balance and concentration.

I'm looking forward to watching the alpine events too.

In short, there are some pretty amazing athletes competing there. You should check it out.
    Last edited by Geezbolt; 03-10-2014, 02:40 PM.
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Watched a bunch yesterday. The visually impaired downhill is something I wish I could have seen more of. Only caught the tail-tail end, so I was not able to see how/where the guides are used. They do a great job of covering the events, and its the same venues as the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
    X