• Show
Clear All
  • Boltergeist
    Pesky apparition
    • Jun 2013
    • Baja Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    LOL definitely too young. Who is that (besides the obvious)?
    He used to be on the Gong Show, if that clarifies anything.

Comment

Bill Saluga (born William Saluga September 16, 1937 in Youngstown, Ohio) is an American comedian. Born in Youngstown, Ohio, he was a founding member, along with Fred Willard, Michael Mislove, George Memmoli, and Patti Deutsch of the improvisational comedy troupe Ace Trucking Company. Saluga has appeared on several television programs, including Seinfeld, and is co-author of Bill Saluga's Name Game Book.

Raymond J. Johnson
      Saluga is best known for his cigar-smoking, zoot-suit-wearing television character “Raymond J. Johnson, Jr.” (also known as Ray J. Johnson, Raymond J. Johnson, Jr., Ray, J, Johnny, Sonny, Junie, Ray J, RJ, RJJ, and RJJ Jr) and is famous for his catchphrase "You can call me Ray, or you can call me Ray Jay or you can call me...".

One of his best known sketches involves him as a reporter for an imaginary news syndicate where he is continually sent out on a story with hilarious results:

Fred Willard: We take you now to Raymond J. Johnson on location.
      Ray Johnson: Yes, i'm coming to you, we're in the middle of a meelee here…
      (Announcement Over P.A.) The Spring Hotel is proud to present our Sunday buffet currently serving in the lobby from 10 AM until 2PM.
      Fred: Ray, Ray? Where are you? Where's your story? We're hearing about a riot across town!
      Ray: Yes, well I'm stuck in the lobby here…

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        I don't know why you should expect any movement with Freeney or Weddle, other than their contract numbers. I would be surprised if either gets restructured. There is no incentive (and not much available savings) in restructuring Freeney. Either we keep him or we cut him, and I think the smart move is to keep him. And Weddle isn't close enough to the end of his contract to begin thinking of an extension. So, don't hold your breath on these two.

With Clary and Rivers I would expect an extension that lowers their current cap number in addition to adding extra years, not just a restructure. But I don't get the sense that the team considers either a priority. This discussion seems to be fueled mostly by speculation on this board, not any actual information forthcoming from the team.
        Pretty much why I asked it as a question; I had no expectations. And I use the term "restructure" generically. Whether that be an extension, a re-write, adding years, switching dollars, etc...it's all the same to me.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          I think we should trade him to GB.
          After all these years, I've learned to forgive Gene Klein.

Comment

Working...
          X