We got talent ,,, but we lack the Fatties !!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
    I'd really like to see them go after Malcom Brown DT in FA. He'll be overpaid like most FAs but I doubt he'll get crazy $$$.
    Imo he's a younger version of Mebane.
    We need to do something

Comment

• Jagged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Omaha, Nebraska
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post
      1. Im so tired of getting gashed up the middle with the run.
      2. Im so tired of getting pushed around by opposing teams defenses on our offensive front line.
      3. Im tired of this little guy in the trenches.
      4. Im tired of Joey Bosa who is over rated and over paid
      5. I hope we spend all of our draft picks on big fat athletic o-line and D-line so we can push some people around on both sides of the ball,,, im tired of watching them get bullied.
      6. Melvin Gordon is over rated and I hope they let him walk,,, he has no pop or sizzle in my opinion ,,, save those millions of dollars and get rid of Bosa and Gordon and finish building this team,,,,, they are not worth the money in my eyes. You may think diff,,, but this is my opinion I would use those millions of dollars 2 fix this team.
      7. Spend our money in free agency on linebackers like C.J. Mosley ,,, we need some blue collar grit on this Defense,,, no more Mr. Nice guy bullshit.
      8. I think the Chargers are close to winning the superbowl,,,, draft smart,,, and buy some gritt in the linebacker free agency,,, hello super bowl.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS - How would you fix these problems?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        Disagree alot with Bosa being overrated. Bosa and Ingram sacrifice alot in the run game that they don't get any help from inside. Luiget is the player on this team thats overpaid. He'll get the top DL money from someone rather it be us then Bosa becomes another Rodney Harrison that helps another team win a SB.

As for trenches issue its gotta be questioned if it isn't a LB issue because we do better when Perryman is in. TT probably isn't gonna give up on JJ so soon. So unless a GREAT DL prospect is on the board we'd be better off going after a OL/FS or CB( We don't have a future #1 cb ; Hayward is getting older n King is primarily a slot cb, Williams n Davis r #2 guys)
        Im with you. OT/FS are positions of higher need than DT.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Ive always said a players best ability is his availability. Give me a LB that can stay on the field for 16 games. And be there in the post. Hard to find 3 down MLBs outside of the 1st. It can be done though. I dont mind Brown sliding inside on pass downs but id rather have some size there and a guy who can thump on run downs and then drop into coverage on pass downs. Perryman and Brown with a full compliment of snaps just cant hold up. Im excited about Kyzir though. I think he could be a pretty special WLB.

But we really need a stalwart at MLB. Not a great draft for MLB.

DT, MLB and FS need updates.
          Agree on the availability emphasis. That's why I can't get excited about Kyzir. he had a "minor" knee issue and then was IR'd for the season and wasn't brought back when we were decimated at LB. Don't know whether this was because he was ineligible or that knee wasn't right. If that knee wasn't right, then we're in trouble. In any case, he's been far less available than either Jatavis or Perryman as rookies. Doesn't bode well.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Chargers have to get strong in the middle on both sides of the ball. Pouncey needs tough guards on either side. Bosa and Ingram need space eaters and run pluggers in the middle. We need a safety who can play centerfield because Derwin is all over the place. Get solid in the middle

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Chargers have to get strong in the middle on both sides of the ball. Pouncey needs tough guards on either side. Bosa and Ingram need space eaters and run pluggers in the middle. We need a safety who can play centerfield because Derwin is all over the place. Get solid in the middle
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Ive always said a players best ability is his availability. Give me a LB that can stay on the field for 16 games. And be there in the post. Hard to find 3 down MLBs outside of the 1st. It can be done though. I dont mind Brown sliding inside on pass downs but id rather have some size there and a guy who can thump on run downs and then drop into coverage on pass downs. Perryman and Brown with a full compliment of snaps just cant hold up. Im excited about Kyzir though. I think he could be a pretty special WLB.

But we really need a stalwart at MLB. Not a great draft for MLB.

DT, MLB and FS need updates.
                Agree with everything in this post....would add RT high on my wish list too.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Agree with everything in this post....would add RT high on my wish list too.
                  Im a big fan of Andre Dillard. I think i mentioned him when he had a 4th round grade or so early in the NCAA season. But he had a pretty bad Senior Bowl game. But dominated practices. It may drop him some. But i do think guys get drafted higher from the practices than they do the game itself. He would make a nice RT. Same with Edwards out of Wisconsin.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Im a big fan of Andre Dillard. I think i mentioned him when he had a 4th round grade or so early in the NCAA season. But he had a pretty bad Senior Bowl game. But dominated practices. It may drop him some. But i do think guys get drafted higher from the practices than they do the game itself. He would make a nice RT. Same with Edwards out of Wisconsin.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Thats a pretty solid breakdown. I think he has pretty high football IQ and is good at reacting to that first step of a DE. Almost like he knows whats coming. My concern is our OL coach and ability to develop young OL players. We have not done well developing drafted OL.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Kareem Hunt....he is talented but do you want a woman beater in your ranks? Gordon has his head screwed on straight and has a high ceiling.

id go top 4 picks on the OL and DL unless we get some quality FAs. All the rest i think we can manage with....maybe a good LB in FA or draft too.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          More Fatties. Big, mean, knuckle dragging, horse punching Fatties. Only big old Bad Bad dudes need apply
                          Love the Alex Karras reference.......

Comment

Working...
                          X