Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      See the first Denver game this year.
      Yea, Oliver lost a lot of yards that day. He also only got the ball 13 times. ... We threw the ball 41 times.

How about the game before that when Oliver averaged 4.5 yards per rush. Ran 15 times.
      Rivers threw the ball twice that much and about half of those plays went nowhere.
      I'm not saying we should quit on the pass, but I also think it's stupid we've quit on the run so often this year.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'm not saying we should quit on the run, I'm saying we will still have to pass a lot to win if we get allot of negative yards on run plays. And Oliver IMO has been figured out or has a tell. For whatever reason Mathews get better results behind the same oline. The results Mathews gets are sufficient to make the ball control of fence work all 60 minutes. Your suggestion is we suck up the negative plays and in the third or forth quarter our efforts to run the ball with Oliver will pay off. The problem I have is, in that three game stretch we all were on Olivers jock he had few negative plays and he had runs of 4-7 yards here and there from his first few carries in the game.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          I'm not saying we should quit on the run, I'm saying we will still have to pass a lot to win if we get allot of negative yards on run plays. And Oliver IMO has been figured out or has a tell. For whatever reason Mathews get better results behind the same oline. The results Mathews gets are sufficient to make the ball control of fence work all 60 minutes. Your suggestion is we suck up the negative plays and in the third or forth quarter our efforts to run the ball with Oliver will pay off. The problem I have is, in that three game stretch we all were on Olivers jock he had few negative plays and he had runs of 4-7 yards here and there from his first few carries in the game.
          And we'll have to do something miraculous to win if we pass a lot and we fail at it like we did this past week. I know, sometimes we have to pass a lot - see the playoff games last year. Obviously the run wasn't going to work those two games - Whisenpunt was a douche.

But, if the pass ain't getting it done, we need to try to run. If it doesn't work, well, then we likely lose to the better team. But, if we keep trying to pass a shitload against teams we can't get open against and against teams that are going to beat the shit out of our quarterback, we'll definitely lose. I can handle getting beat. But I have a hard time stomaching games like last week when our offensive coach doesn't even try. I really don't like Frank Reich calling our plays. And I don't like Donald Brown at all. I know I'm the only one who saw it. But watching him duck out of the way of a pass told me all I needed to know. Bench him. Put in Oliver. He's not as good as Mathews, but he's better than Brown, and, unlike Mathews, he plays.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I want more runs to, but I want to see the runs with Rivers under center with Oliver and Brown.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

It's time to unleash the Donald!

The Broncos won't know what hit 'em.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Does it seem like we are adjusting the offence to fit the skills of our back up running backs?
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                  If those are the reasons, somebody needs to be fired.

Branden Oliver was decent against the Jets, Raiders, and Chiefs. So those are 3 games - not 2. They happen to also be the only three games the Chargers stuck with giving Oliver the ball though out the game. If Frank "WTF's a Run" Reich would give Oliver more carries, he'd be doing a lot more than "NADA". Oliver gets better with more carries.

I'm not missing that our O'line sucks. Brown has had more success behind better offensive lines. But we don't have those offensive lines. We have the one we have. And, with the one we have, Oliver has outperformed Brown by quite a bit. No fucking reason to play Brown over Oliver.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

And we'll have to do something miraculous to win if we pass a lot and we fail at it like we did this past week. I know, sometimes we have to pass a lot - see the playoff games last year. Obviously the run wasn't going to work those two games - Whisenpunt was a douche.

But, if the pass ain't getting it done, we need to try to run. If it doesn't work, well, then we likely lose to the better team. But, if we keep trying to pass a shitload against teams we can't get open against and against teams that are going to beat the shit out of our quarterback, we'll definitely lose. I can handle getting beat. But I have a hard time stomaching games like last week when our offensive coach doesn't even try. I really don't like Frank Reich calling our plays. And I don't like Donald Brown at all. I know I'm the only one who saw it. But watching him duck out of the way of a pass told me all I needed to know. Bench him. Put in Oliver. He's not as good as Mathews, but he's better than Brown, and, unlike Mathews, he plays.
                    you're misinterpreting what you saw. Brown was not the intended target on that play. Rivers was going farther down field and Brown knew that and tried not to blow up the play.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      you're misinterpreting what you saw. Brown was not the intended target on that play. Rivers was going farther down field and Brown knew that and tried not to blow up the play.
                      Who was it intended for?

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        ""
                        That part is true. The dude who said it hasn't followed that philosophy though. When was the last game he allowed a back enough carries to get into a rhythm?

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

That part is true. The dude who said it hasn't followed that philosophy though. When was the last game he allowed a back enough carries to get into a rhythm?
                          the last time our OL played well enough so Brown and BO weren't getting hit in the backfield all game.

Comment

Working...
                          X