• MrSparky
    • Dec 2013
    • Send PM

Aqib to Denver

• Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I hate the Broncos and Talib has had more than his share of off the field issues, but he is a good CB and his signing by the Broncos is probably not a good thing for us. Also, the Broncos have Jack Del Rio as their DC and I do not think he is considered as a puss by too many people even if Fox were considered to be a puss, which I question.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Talib sounds like yet another Denver player ready to blow up and be suspended. Hey may have talent but his history is pretty suspect. I dont expect him to last the season based on his history.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Where does Denver get all the cap space? I hear they are going after Ware next. Manning, Welker, Vazquez, Ward, Talib, etc. All have big salaries.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Where does Denver get all the cap space? I hear they are going after Ware next. Manning, Welker, Vazquez, Ward, Talib, etc. All have big salaries.

TG
          Yet Meachum and Gaither fuck us for years. Something stinks and it ain't Stinky..
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hold the phone,....just read how Denver is getting all this money....Elway is running at Preakness! (cue the whinney)

TG
            Last edited by Heatmiser; 03-12-2014, 12:25 PM.
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Their adding Talib is not really making them better though. He is a replacement for DRC, so they trade one really talented guy for another. But they didn't upgrade a spot. They are still thin across the secondary. But Harris is still going to be the other starting CB, and Webster is going to have to play in the nickle. They only have Tony Carter who not only is small, but plays small too.

Ward is the guy people should be talking about. Adding him makes their secondary better because it takes a weakness and makes it a strength, although they still have to get Carver and Moore to finally play better. Mike Adams keeps playing well, but since he is really on the wrong side of 30.

Coverage from the LB spots is going to be an issue. None of their current LB is that strong there. Miller plays DE in the rush line, so they are short of guys to matchup vs our TE is a real problem. So, we need to make sure we can keep our RB and TE in the passing game, and it should all work out fine.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Harris also coming back from a torn ACL. HARDLY a sure thing to be effective this season.

Everyone seems to think that Manning makes everything better, but they are taking two of his best weapons away and I assume replacing them with rookies at least in the case of Decker and Beadles. I don't see how he tops his scoring record from last year losing almost half of his production from this season.

Von Miller is also coming back from a torn ACL. I just don't see how the Bronco's can be that much better than last season.

Ward is so far the only upgrade they have made this offseason. Even Talib is likely a downgrade to DRC since he has yet to be healthy for a full season and will likely miss a few games.
                Last edited by Beerman; 03-12-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Whatever. I didn't like him in NE. I don't like him in Denver. I don't like either of those teams.

I will say this, he's a step up on Champ Bailey, who hasn't been good in quite a while.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Denver is said to be after Jon Beason and Dayrl Smith... respectively ties to Fox and Del Rio, to shore up the MLB.

Comment

• MrSparky
                      • Dec 2013
                      • Send PM

I will agree with the fact that Talib is a solid corner (and better than Champ) but he is no replacement. Champ was a leader in the denver backfield as a 4 star captain and is well respected around the league, however less talented he is. Aqib reminds me of DeAngelo Hall... mouthy and mediocre. Not the kind of guy you want having that "leadership" role

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Denver is said to be after Jon Beason and Dayrl Smith... respectively ties to Fox and Del Rio, to shore up the MLB.
                        They struck out with Beason, if they strike out with Smith, that LB corps is gonna be mediocre again.

Comment

Working...
                        X