Chargers loaded - with Rookies, including our HC and GM!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers loaded - with Rookies, including our HC and GM!

Go Rivers!
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Doesn't paint a very pretty picture. Maybe Fluker didn't "dazzle" everyone in TC, but I haven't heard any criticism of him outside of Den60. Must be because I'm not a local. I'm sure the my local paper will write about him eventually. I get thrown a Rivers bone every now and then out here.
    sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Will be interesting to see what Tommy T does over the next few months to get depth on defense.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        Doesn't paint a very pretty picture. Maybe Fluker didn't "dazzle" everyone in TC, but I haven't heard any criticism of him outside of Den60. Must be because I'm not a local. I'm sure the my local paper will write about him eventually. I get thrown a Rivers bone every now and then out here.
        Makoshark still reads the local newspaper? Are you communicating on this site using a telefax?
        Since you are stuck in 1984, my advice is to patent the tradename, "Google."
        Oh yea, don't bother watching any Chargers games until they've hired a coach named Bobby Ross. Then, watch for a few years and quit again. This will save you a lot of grief on Sundays.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
          I can still moan about Norv and AJ, screw this article.
          I still complain about Henning and Ortmayer.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            I still complain about Henning and Ortmayer.
            I still hate Gene Klein for trading JJ and Fred Dean.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Haters!

Unite!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                I'm still not sure why anyone would expect an O lineman to do well in shorts vs. much faster D lineman. Pads make all the difference in the trenches, not to mention the 90 lb weight differential in some cases.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

it's sad when the writer devotes a larger amount of the article (and even lists it as number 1) on Manti Tebow.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Makoshark still reads the local newspaper? Are you communicating on this site using a telefax?
                    Since you are stuck in 1984, my advice is to patent the tradename, "Google."
                    Oh yea, don't bother watching any Chargers games until they've hired a coach named Bobby Ross. Then, watch for a few years and quit again. This will save you a lot of grief on Sundays.
                    I even get it delivered on Friday and Sundays!! The front page of the "Sports" section is reserved for their beloved "Tide" and page 2 goes to Auburn, but on the back page I occasionally find an article about a local guy or former Alabama/Auburn player in the NFL.

I'm still not sure why anyone would expect an O lineman to do well in shorts vs. much faster D lineman. Pads make all the difference in the trenches, not to mention the 90 lb weight differential in some cases.
                    Thats the way I see it. I want to see game speed and game conditions before forming an opinion. I put Fluker and Te'o in the same boat when it comes evaluating them. Their effectiveness will be determined on the field at game speed, not in mini camps. Thats something I don't think Norv subscribed to. He never seemed to want to give a young guy a real work load, favoring old second tier vets. No player development what so ever.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      1. TE'O TIME: Te'o is the most intriguing player on the Chargers' roster. While fans are buying lots of No. 50 replica jerseys, they're also wondering how well Te'o can play inside linebacker in the NFL after his college career ended with his poor performance in Notre Dame's blowout loss to Alabama in the BCS national championship game. Te'o is penciled into the starting lineup after veteran Takeo Spikes was cut in the offseason. And there's still that matter of the fake girlfriend hoax that embarrassed Te'o and was the talk of the sports world for a few months. McCoy says the hoax will fade away if reporters stop asking Te'o about it. Perhaps to help, the Chargers are giving Te'o his distance from reporters. The Chargers made Te'o available as little as possible during the spring and refused to allow one-on-one interviews. They apparently plan to continue the "star player" exemption during training camp. Under that exemption, players with heavy media demands must be made available to the media at least once during the practice week. Quarterback Philip Rivers is the Chargers' other "star player." Despite the Chargers' approach, Te'o has handled himself well in front of the microphones. He hasn't dodged any questions, doesn't seem nervous and looks his questioner's way when giving an answer.
                      I'm concerned that Te'o won't be given a fair shake and be allowed to be a rookie. He's going to look bad at times and make mistakes simply for that reason; and every time he does it feels like there's going to be a chorus of people shouting "TOLD YOU SO". Te'o has been very professional so far into it, but when games start this'll take its toll. If the NC game performance and draft build up was really due to stress, then he'll show it on the field. For his sake, I hope he starts out like gangbusters. He needs badly to turn the conversation to football only.

Comment

• lightningrod13
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

It'll be interesting to see how Mike McCoy does come first game,along with the revamped roster.Ryan Matthews and Danario Alexander are going to have to have a breakout year for this team to get to 8-8 or 9-7 at best.All in all,with the NFL experts predictions,there is nothing promising for this team other than this team perhaps surprising us all.Who knows??we'll see.
                        (formerly Jupiter043 ESPN NFL Forum)

Comment

Working...
                        X