• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Man you guys whine more about Acee than he does about the Chargers!
    Acee and the Union Tribune did a good enough job with Norv propoganda to allow the Spanoses to keep the coach as long as they did. A real newspaper would have held the Spanoses far more accountable for blowing our chance at a Super Bowl and would have pressured them into eating Norv's contract much sooner.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Acee and the Union Tribune did a good enough job with Norv propoganda to allow the Spanoses to keep the coach as long as they did. A real newspaper would have held the Spanoses far more accountable for blowing our chance at a Super Bowl and would have pressured them into eating Norv's contract much sooner.
      IMO, Acee was okay, though somewhat of a homer (and AJ/Norv fan as you point out) when he was a beat writer. The moment he left that position, he became almost unreadable. He clearly isn't popular on this board, but I think it's pretty funny that a guy that most people seem to hate here gets so much attention from y'all.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

IMO, Acee was okay, though somewhat of a homer (and AJ/Norv fan as you point out) when he was a beat writer. The moment he left that position, he became almost unreadable. He clearly isn't popular on this board, but I think it's pretty funny that a guy that most people seem to hate here gets so much attention from y'all.
        We spend less time bashing him than he does bashing us.
        Anybody remember that time in which Norv admitted he had no idea who his runningback was when he called some play that didn't work? Then Acee, and, I think, Canepa ridiculed the fans for expecting the coach to know who was on the field. The thesis of the U-T's argument was that anybody who knows anything about football knows that coaches have no idea who is on the field for any given play.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Anybody remember that time in which Norv admitted he had no idea who his runningback was when he called some play that didn't work? Then Acee, and, I think, Canepa ridiculed the fans for expecting the coach to know who was on the field. The thesis of the U-T's argument was that anybody who knows anything about football knows that coaches have no idea who is on the field for any given play.
          I only pick up the UT if I'm camping and the price of toilet paper goes up.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            Yeah, never anything insightful. Usually passive aggressive messages wrapped in plausible deniability.
            Perfectly put.

As far as the article...I can't remember the last time I've seen a team spend like that and actually have success. Reminds me of the "dream team" Eagles. Now granted Manning is miles better than Vick, and these guys may yet again walk away with the division, but I don't see it as guaranting anything.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

writing positive/negative/neutral articles about the team/player doesn't affect the team/player. if that were so, every guy Kiper raves on about would be the greatest players ever, teams Peter King writes about would automatically get the Super Bowl etc. etc. even the entire board writing off Denver when they first acquired Manning hasn't affected the outcome of anything.

I still write "Fondle Salma's Hayeks" just in case writing about something eventually comes true.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

mmm Salma's Nillas

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I never could figure out why the SDUT had such a hard on for Norv.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    I never could figure out why the SDUT had such a hard on for Norv.
                    If I had to guess, it was because he gave them a lot of inside info. McCoy doesn't seem the type to do that, and look how they are all over him.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

If I had to guess, it was because he gave them a lot of inside info. McCoy doesn't seem the type to do that, and look how they are all over him.
                      So if you don't give inside info you get slammed......UT hires some real class
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        So if you don't give inside info you get slammed......UT hires some real class
                        Thats media in general no? Problem is, we in SoCal dont want NY/Philly style jack ass media either.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

people should just read Ricky Henne for non-negative Chargers reporting and ignore any other media person or outlets.

Comment

Working...
                          X