Offical Combine Thread - Who Are Your Combine SuperStars?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Yeah im a little surprised at Murrays size. Its really only his hand size that is different from Wilson. But hes a much better runner imo. He is a Lamar Jackson type running the ball. But hes a much better passer than Jackson. He should go pretty high imo.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Yeah im a little surprised at Murrays size. Its really only his hand size that is different from Wilson. But hes a much better runner imo. He is a Lamar Jackson type running the ball. But hes a much better passer than Jackson. He should go pretty high imo.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

It will probably be more about his proday workout. I think if he struggles with all the routes it could hurt him. Especially his perimeter throws from the far hash. Wilson has some zip. I dont know that hes the passer that Wilson is but the kid can run. But hes worlds better than Jackson in the pass game. So when it comes to RPOs and outside pocket pass play design he will be a real threat. I think he will be able to do some Wilson type stuff outside the pocket in the pass game.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I have added a link to the Combine Numbers in the Navigation bar under "Numbers"

Of course most of them can also be found in the various links of our draft section located in the same Nav Bar. But its just an easy click to get those numbers. As with most stuff i have connected to the Nav Bar i do that to eliminate the need to bookmark multiple sites.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmmm,,. Jeremiah is talking about him as a 3rd rounder, possibly sneak in the 2nd and you're still talking about us picking him at 28.

4th and below for me. And that's for any QB for us this year. Still think the future guy will come from 2020.
            ​​​​​​
            :tongue:
            have no idea how things will unfold/turn out, and yeah would be mildly surprised if the Chargers went Stidham in the draft, and even more so if @28, and....

took a fair bit of flak for penciling in Dak to Houston round one that year.

ps. Jarrett >> Dak
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

have no idea how things will unfold/turn out, and yeah would be mildly surprised if the Chargers went Stidham in the draft, and even more so if @28, and....

took a fair bit of flak for penciling in Dak to Houston round one that year.

ps. Jarrett >> Dak
              Honestly don't think I could comfortably say that. Dak was a 4th round pick. Think from college play I'd rather have Dak though he hasn't been a top NFL QB.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

2019 Combine: WR weigh-in preview

By Colin Lindsay | February 28, 2019
                0 Comment
                Another day; more boxes checked off. Sounds like a bit of a broken record, but through the first two days of the combine there really haven't been many shocks or surprises during the weigh-in/measurement sessions. And that was pretty much the case again today when the receivers' measurables were tested. If one thing did stand out it was that Ole Miss' D.K. Metcalf, one of the top 2-3 prospects at the position this year, certainly looked the part. Metcalf measured in at over 6-3 and a full-sized 228; he also showed a huge catch radius with almost 35″ arms, along with big hands just under 10-inches.

In fact, just about all the WRs considered to have at least some top 50 potential for this year's draft fell within most acceptable parameters. A.J. Brown, Metcalf's Ole Miss teammate, for example, was a little shorter than scouts were hoping at under 6-1, but he's a thick 226 pounds with 33-inch arms and 9.75 inch hands. South Carolina's Deebo Samuel is also a little shorter than ideal at just over 5-11; he also has somewhat short arms (31.5) but is a solid 214 pounds with10-inch hands. And so it went for guys like N'Keal Harry of Arizona State (6-2.3, 22, 33, 9.5); NC State's Kelvin Harmon (6-2.4, 221, 32.5, 9.5); Stanford's J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (6-2, 225, 33, 9.5); and Riley Ridley of Georgia (6-1.2, 199, 32.5, 10).

On the other hand, the one receiver nobody expected to break the scales was Oklahoma's Marquise Brown, who many teams consider to be the #1 guy at the position for this year's draft. Unfortunately, Brown wasn't much bigger than advertised as he measured in at just 5-9 and 166 pounds with shortish (30.5) arms. Of course, Brown's game is all about speed and quickness, but unfortunately he won't be able to workout this week after undergoing surgery to repair a Lisfranc injury early last month. In fact, Brown won't be able to work at all before the draft, but is expected to be healthy by the start of training camp.

Among the second-tier prospects, a couple of receivers jumped out in shorts today. In fact, Iowa State's Hakeem Butler won the day outright - and second place wasn't all that close - as he measured in at over 6-5 and 227 pounds with 35-plus-inch arms and huge 10.75-inch mitts. Underrated Syracuse big-play receiver Jamal Custis also turned some heads as he came in at 6-4, 214 with 34″ arms and almost 11 hands. Meanwhile, a trio of smaller school receivers had scouts double checking their programs. Jazz Ferguson of Northwestern State, for example, broke the tape at 6-4.5 and 227 pounds with a 34-plus inch reach, while South Alabama's Jamarius Way measured in at 6-3.5, 215 with 33″ arms and 10″ hands. Same for Emmanuel Butler of Northern Arizona who measured in at 6-3, 217 with 33″ arms and 10-plus inch hands.

Of course, every receiver in Indianapolis isn't huge and there are clearly some smaller guys with talent along with Oklahoma's Brown. In fact, two of the very best pure receivers in college football this fall are almost smurfish. Indeed, ask almost any scout who has the best hands in college football and one of the first names they'd come up with is national champion Clemson's go-to guy Hunter Renfrow who is 5-10, 184 with 29 inch arms and tiny hands at under 8″. But he'll catch everything in sight on Saturday. Meanwhile, Andy Isabella of UMass, who had over 100 receptions this past fall when he led all FBS with over 1,700 receiving yards, over 200 yards more than any one else, measured in at under 5-9 and 188 pounds with a sub-30-inch reach and 8.5″ hands.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Big uglies underwhelm in weight room ... It was kind of a disappointing day for many of the top offensive line prospects when they did the bench press earlier today. One would kind of like to see the top OT prospects manage something in the 27-28 reps range in the bench press, however, the numbers today for the leading OTs today were a tad underwhelming as Washington State's Andre Dillard and Florida's Jawaan Taylor both managed 24 reps, while Alabama's Jonah Williams and Kansas State's Dalton Risner stopped at 23. Not necessarily bad, but hardly eye-catching either as none of those guys would have been among the top 5 RBs in the bench press in Indianapolis today. At the same time, Oklahoma's Cody Ford, thought to be the rising star on the OL, really did disappoint with only 19 reps which indicate a lack of basic core strength. In fact, a number of well-known offensive line prospects didn't lift at all well today including Michael Deiter of Wisconsin who manged just 21 reps along with his Badgers' teammate Beau Benzschawel and Alabama's Ross Pierschbacher who both had 20. As is often the case the top OL lifters are somewhat unknown prospects and this year was no exception. The top performance by an OL in the press today was recorded by unheralded Weber State OT Sua Opeta, who put up 39 reps, the best by an OL at the combine in 5 years, while other with over 30 reps included NC State C Garrett Bradbury (34), Wake Forest OG Phil Haynes (33), West Virginia OT Yodny Cajuste (32) and Arkansas OG Hjalte Froholdt (31). C/Gs Elgton Jenkins of Mississippi State and Penn State's Connor McGovern also impressed with 29 and 28 reps respectively. Meanwhile, other offensive linemen that disappointed in the BP included OTs Paul Adams of Missouri and Trey Pipkins, both of whom got stuck at 16 reps, while Ohio State C/G Mike Jordan had just 19 and rising Alabama State OT Tytus Howard recorded 21. Here are the full offensive line bench press results courtesy of Steelers Depot.

February 28, 2019 - 9:25 pm

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Shorter arms...more reps.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

One of the more underrated parts of the combine is just who is ready or not. Every guy being looked at knows they will be examined. You have 3 or 4 years to prepare. You can't suddenly turn it on if you have only been getting ready for the last few weeks since the season ended. This is where you find out how committed guys are.

Again, I could care less about 95% of the numbers gather here. The only thing that really matters is tape, and then the off-field stuff (medical and interviews). Very few players do you have the kind of question marks that the combine will answer.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        One of the more underrated parts of the combine is just who is ready or not. Every guy being looked at knows they will be examined. You have 3 or 4 years to prepare. You can't suddenly turn it on if you have only been getting ready for the last few weeks since the season ended. This is where you find out how committed guys are.

Again, I could care less about 95% of the numbers gather here. The only thing that really matters is tape, and then the off-field stuff (medical and interviews). Very few players do you have the kind of question marks that the combine will answer.
                        Good stuff Steve. The things I like about the combine is it confirms, through testing, what you see on tape or gives you case to question your evaluation of a prospect and go back with new eyes and look again.
                        Also I always get 5-10 prospects, that I hadn't evaluated, that show traits that I covet to add to my board.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltup90
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

First Post in this new forum for me. I see some familiar folks. Thanks for having me.

Combine time Ladies. Most wonderful time of the year.

Comment

Working...
                          X