• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Jim Irsay popped for DWI and "controlled substance"

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay was arrested late Sunday night for suspected drunken driving.

Irsay, 54, is being held on preliminary charges of possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated.

Irsay was arrested in the northern Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Ind., according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department. His bond is set at $22,500.

Carmel police Lt. Joe Bickel says he can't immediately release details about the arrest because he is gathering information.

Irsay tweeted on Oct. 21, 2013, that he hadn't had a drink in more than 15 years.

If found guilty on these charges, it will be interesting to see how Goodell handles an owner.
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

This is just shocking.......................................... ..........

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

He's had some odd behaviour in recent years, so I don't buy the "hadn't had a drink in more than 15 years." BS. It will be interesting to see how the Commish handles this. I wonder what his options are? Beyond a fine, what else can he do?
      sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Suspend him!!

Sounds like maybe some meds affected him if he truly hadnt been drinking. A breath test will clear him. Controlled substance though could get him in a pickle though.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

probably low blood sugar or prescription meds for bipolar, etc. didn't agree with him and so appeared impaired. At least that is what his lawyer will probably say. If all else fails, maybe they can use the "affluenza" defense...
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

How about - take away his driver license. Find somebody who is capable of creating Night Rider type cars that will do the driving for us (so we don't have to worry about driving drunk), and make Jim Irsay pay for the research.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Probably a fine, but it won't mean too much, even if its in the six figure range. I think they should restrict his ability to make his team better, either a low draft pick, or a cap adjustment. My thinking is that since this is his first offense, his peers may take it easy on him. I don't see Goodell making the call on the punishment, unless there is already something in their bylaws that requires him to do so.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If it were Kraft, Goodell would suspend and fine the Carmel police department and burn the evidence

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                  How about - take away his driver license. Find somebody who is capable of creating Night Rider type cars that will do the driving for us (so we don't have to worry about driving drunk), and make Jim Irsay pay for the research.
                  You do realize driverless cars already exist, right? The future is (nearly) here!
                  Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Probably a fine, but it won't mean too much, even if its in the six figure range. I think they should restrict his ability to make his team better, either a low draft pick, or a cap adjustment.
                    They should take away the Colts top draft pick and give it to Telesco!
                    Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      You do realize driverless cars already exist, right? The future is (nearly) here!
                      Are they legal? Can I have one? Am I allowed to drink in one? If I take one to Colorado, can I smoke herb in it? How much does one cost? Why don't we all have one? No more accidents, no more traffic arrests, no more traffic cops, no more traffic signals. This would probably save more lives and money than peace on Earth would.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        Are they legal? Can I have one? Am I allowed to drink in one? If I take one to Colorado, can I smoke herb in it? How much does one cost? Why don't we all have one? No more accidents, no more traffic arrests, no more traffic cops, no more traffic signals. This would probably save more lives and money than peace on Earth would.
                        Patience, young Paduan! I believe Nevada is the only state where they can legally be test-driven. Several states, including California, are in the process of codifying the rules for driverless driving. I doubt these will be generally available within 5 years, but the technology has been developed and is being honed.
                        Adipose

Comment

Working...
                        X