Lawrence on a rookie contract
    can be a valuable asset.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

saw that the Raiders gave up a third and a fifth for AB.... same amount the Pats gave up for Shelton ??

he's a two gapper that can hold down a spot for if and when we have an IDL from the draft, which traditionally take a year or so to develop.

think we can sign Shelton for 3yrs/10m, and....

anyone have any interest in Jamie Collins ??

seems like he could start the season @SAM then if and when the Pman goes down, he can slide over to MLB while Nwosu and any rook moves into the SAM rotation ??

guessin' we might be able to reel in Collins for as little as $6m/year ?? would he sign for 3yrs/24m ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

So Mebane is coming back, and I figure him and the recently anointed J Jones will be first team dline...but the lack of depth behind them is scary...TT has the luxury of waiting out Philon, because I believe he has a desperate housewife in Liuget waiting in the wings if someone scoops up Philon. I think he must also believe Square is easily replaced by a draft pick who can understudy Mebane for a couple of years...for the right price, I see two of the above three back, AND a draft pick in the mix.

As far as LBs...Nwosu, Perryman, Davis...Brown and Kyzir are backups, but I also see them bringing back Emmanuel...he is the kinda unsung guy that every team needs...he can back up Mike, Otto, and in a pinch play DE...and he does special teams. I would like to bring in a young MLB to back up Perryman...but then we are getting a little crowded at LB...but we will see.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          So Mebane is coming back, and I figure him and the recently anointed J Jones will be first team dline...but the lack of depth behind them is scary...TT has the luxury of waiting out Philon, because I believe he has a desperate housewife in Liuget waiting in the wings if someone scoops up Philon. I think he must also believe Square is easily replaced by a draft pick who can understudy Mebane for a couple of years...for the right price, I see two of the above three back, AND a draft pick in the mix.

As far as LBs...Nwosu, Perryman, Davis...Brown and Kyzir are backups, but I also see them bringing back Emmanuel...he is the kinda unsung guy that every team needs...he can back up Mike, Otto, and in a pinch play DE...and he does special teams. I would like to bring in a young MLB to back up Perryman...but then we are getting a little crowded at LB...but we will see.
          Agreed precisely with one exception...Square. He could easily be part of the deal, because of price and versatility.

TT knows how to play his cards and use his coupons.

Goshdangit, I like Saunders, but I must now go in a different direction.

It's all about the slotting.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Ingram Mebane Jones Bosa

Nwosu Perryman Davis

If healthy, this is probably the front 7.
            Obviously depth is needed.
            But O-line needs players and depth. TE could use better depth. Secondary can use more depth too.

Chargers draft BPA every rd.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Shock&Awe
              Great White North
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Ingram Mebane Jones Bosa

Nwosu Perryman Davis

But O-line needs players and depth. TE could use better depth. Secondary can use more depth too.

I think it's solidified minus White/Nwosu, and if we go DT in round run he'll go beside Mebane. I don't see Jones holding the rookie off.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Ingram Mebane Jones Bosa

Nwosu Perryman Davis

Good analysis of where we sit now with the exception that Kyzir is a starter, if healthy.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Ingram Mebane Jones Bosa

Nwosu Perryman Davis

I like that!
                  A first round pick DT and D. Square to go in rotation with Mebane and Jones on the DL will be interesting. .
                  If White, Emanuel, Brown are backups, the Chargers are hands full on LBs !!!!
                  The LBs group will be very good if at least 4 of them can stay healthy all year.
                  Injuries just can not hit the same group two years in a row...

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I like that!
                    A first round pick DT and D. Square to go in rotation with Mebane and Jones on the DL will be interesting. .
                    If White, Emanuel, Brown are backups, the Chargers are hands full on LBs !!!!
                    The LBs group will be very good if at least 4 of them can stay healthy all year.
                    Injuries just can not hit the same group two years in a row...
                    The only backup i want from Emanuel is to see his wheels backing the F up out of the parking lot as he drives to the airport to join a new team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Emanuel is the one guy who can set the EDGE in 4-3 Under defense.

Barring the drafting of a better alternative,
                      I would keep him for this,
                      ​​​​​​​ ST, emergency MIKE and LEO #3.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

The only backup i want from Emanuel is to see his wheels backing the F up out of the parking lot as he drives to the airport to join a new team.
                        Why this? Kyle Emmanuel is a solid football player...I would like to upgrade on him starting, but he would be very good depth...why the hate? Guy brought it every week for this team, but because he isn't a star, he gets shit on? Sure....let's replace him with a 7th rounder...your not gonna find much better, second string wise, in FA....but hey...if Nwosu goes down one week, and Perryman the next...that rookie will be versatile enough, and know the defense backward and forward, so he can back up both positions...right?

Emmanuel is to the Front 7 what a Swing tackle is to the oline...a versatile, and highly valuable backup who knows how to play multiple positions in Gus Bradley's defense. Love to have him back...but to be fair, at a backup price.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

I think some people have forgotten last year.
                          In a 12-4 season.
                          J. Brown had 9 starts. Is he deserve a chance to be in ?
                          D. Perryman started 8 games. Is he so fragile?
                          K. Emanuel started 7 games including 2 at MLB. Is he the best #5 or 6 LB in that league ?

Comment

Working...
                          X