• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Always take the opportunity for more testing.

I was terminal 4 years ago and all I wanted was to live to see my kid graduate Med school this coming May 12th.
    Well, after 3 months of chemo in 2012 kicking my ass to the point I woke up every day expecting it to be my last day, I'm in remission for melanoma, and my liver is at nearly 80% function from end stage in 2010.

I'm not supposed to be here, but I made a decision that stress is too much for my body to recover properly, and focused on my goal of helping my kid get through school no matter what else.

I make sure I get more sleep than I used to.

I check out any possibility to see where I am at physically (thank God for good health insurance).

I use things that I truly love as motivation, like music and reading, and sports, as a carrott on the end of a string. (I buy concerts or sports tickets often just to have something fun to look forward to. I feel this is very important).

I refuse to let fear make any decisions for me. I'm done with it, and its been very liberating.

Eating healthy is another big one. (I do whatever I can without making it an obscession. Comfort food has its place too).

Keep your sense of humor.

I was just in Phoenix for match day last Friday, when my daughter found out she's doing Family Medicine residency at Phoenix Baptist Hospital. I look forward to May 12th and beyond, wherever that may take me.
    Cheers, my brothers.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

This will be the first and last time i ever do this but.........ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE THIS HOARSE AND KYLES LIFE"S

I had no idea you 2 went through this. I would be really bummed if we lost you guys. This is family here.

My Dr told me to wait to see if it all goes away before he orders a ct. And i could always just get an MRI.

In fact i had problems with this left side a couple years ago and had an MRI and it showed general swelling in my Maxiallry sinus. It was caused by a tooth i had pulled. And i also had another head CT around 3 years ago when i had something called an adenoid in my Nasopharynx. Again clean.

It would be extremely unlucky if after all the scans ive had over the last 3 years to get oral cancer now. I grind my teeth hard when i sleep. So it could be related to that. My grind guard does nothing other than keep me from breaking my teeth. It dosnt relax all the tension of my muscles in my face from clenching. I also have whats known as pockets around my upper back teeth and that causes inflamation. But to be this sore is whats freaking me out.

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

Let me give you guys a positive long-term perspective. I will be 40 years out in December from a malignancy. I had radical excision work done on my right arm plus radiation and chemotherapy. I even had a recurrence in the exact same spot two years after my initial surgery and prior to the radiation and chemo. I'm in better shape today than I've ever been. Things can work out and my thoughts are with you guys and with Jim Kelly.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
          Things can work out and my thoughts are with you guys and with Jim Kelly.
          Well stated. Good luck, thoughts and prayers to all.

Comment

• Kyle
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Thanks guys... like Chris said it's family here.

@ Hoarse... I had no idea you went through that. Must've been hell. Glad you came out the other side and are kicking ass now. Good on ya...

@ Fleet - I hope you are symptom free soon and good thoughts and prayers your way for your testing. Probably nothing, but just in case you want to know early.

@ Geez - Thanks for the perspective and way to keep at it and stay in top physical shape.

The Jim Kelly thing hits hard. Just feel for the guy. His wife said she can never remember him sleeping through a whole night without waking up. That's terrible. Really hope he beats it!
            Last edited by Kyle; 03-26-2014, 12:24 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Thanks Kyle im really glad your ok. More bad news for Kelly as they cant do the surgery. But the Dr at least thinks its curable through radiation and chemo.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Thanks Kyle im really glad your ok. More bad news for Kelly as they cant do the surgery. But the Dr at least thinks its curable through radiation and chemo.
                Wow, his road back to health just got a whole lot rougher. That is gonna be brutal. Good Luck Jim.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Cleared of cancer today is what im hearing. Stoked.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Cleared of cancer today is what im hearing. Stoked.
                    Good news! I was afraid it was going to be the opposite.
                    Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

That's awesome. Always loved Kelly. He was a guy I wished we had when Fouts retired.

Comment

So great to hear! Just lost a former co-worker I was really close to a couple of days ago when radiation didn't work. I was thrilled to hear this even if I never knew the guy personally.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Great news!

Comment

Working...
                          X