Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

Free Safeties And Painters

A great free safety adds more than his own playmaking to a defense, He elevates the play of the secondary and linebackers most of all. he allows them to play aggressively with less worry of blowing their assignment to pursue the great play (turnover or loss) with a safety blanket to cover their mistakes. I used to work with a guy who always said that its a piss poor painter that can't cover the carpenters mistakes". Free safeties are the painters that cover aggressive mistakes by the other players on defense. No more loose coverage on quick passes!
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
    A great free safety adds more than his own playmaking to a defense, He elevates the play of the secondary and linebackers most of all. he allows them to play aggressively with less worry of blowing their assignment to pursue the great play (turnover or loss) with a safety blanket to cover their mistakes. I used to work with a guy who always said that its a piss poor painter that can't cover the carpenters mistakes". Free safeties are the painters that cover aggressive mistakes by the other players on defense. No more loose coverage on quick passes!
    I get what you are saying but a defense always starts up front and if we don't address the issues this team has on the defensive front well we will always be looking from the outside in. Now if we can somehow get a free safety a linebacker and a DT in the same draft I think that would elevate this team to the next level.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

I'd burn a 4th on Picasso. No higher. Would consider 1-3 on a Dutch Master

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Haha. I've worked in flooring for 20+ years and have a very strong dislike for painters. :shrug:

Comment

Working...
        X