• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I love Weddle!

He decided that was enough media time for the rook Te'o.

Skip to 7:15

Then watch

• Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Yea i just watched that a few minutes ago. The work ethic is amazing. I wish Mathews would listen to him about going out at this time. Should be focused on football. Also loved what Te'o said about outside influences. Shouldnt be worried about that.

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Interesting that at that time they were hitting MT50 with "those questions"....

My guess is Weddle played the "get out rook" thing, all the while he was really just taking one for a teammate who was getting non football questions.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Tha's exactly how I saw it too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if someone (Teo or a coach) had asked Weddle to step in and cut things off if things kept dragging on even before the interview. But Weddle may have done it on his own.

Either way, I thought his timing was pretty good, and felt like he handled it pretty well.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

One of the reasons Weddle was drafted so high was what you all just saw. He was well grounded off the field, mature, hard worker. Glad to see it is real.

When LT did his retirement presser in SD, Weddle was in the audience asking him questions about how to be the best, what to do, etc. Weddle is a great kid AND a great player.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

If you watch his video closely, I think there was a lot of direction for some of the younger guys. I think the days of a lot of lazy guys getting drafted is probably over. I think what Weddle was saying to some of them, it's not just about working hard. You have to do the right things and work hard, but be smart about it. I really don't think Mathews is being lazy and not working. I do think Mathews is doing it poorly, or at least has in the past. I would like to see Mathews get closer and really emulate a guy like Weddle, or Freeney, who both seem to not only know how hard to work, but how to get the most out of the workouts, and preparation.

Rivers alluded to getting the most out of the work through reps. You may only get to see how a play works against a specialty coverage once, in a walk through, but you will need to remember that for week 6 or so. You can't wait to see things live, like you did in college, because there is just too much stuff to go through to see everything live. But it's the NFL and you need to be able to recall all of it and be able to use it when you need it. I knda question whether or not a lot of the younger players, especially Mathews, get the most out of the mental reps that they should.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

C'mon people! Show the love! The mod's have laid down the rules against the BS, so show some love for our D leader...over 150 views and only 6 replies? pu-leaze.
              sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                C'mon people! Show the love! The mod's have laid down the rules against the BS, so show some love for our D leader...over 150 views and only 6 replies? pu-leaze.
                I love Weddle.
                I love beer.
                I love lamp.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Introducing... The Weddle Beer Lamp!
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    Introducing... The Weddle Beer Lamp!
                    Haha. Can I add a Fouts beard to it? And some JJ goggles? And a Dennis Gibson arm to bat down that pass?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                      Haha. Can I add a Fouts beard to it? And some JJ goggles? And a Dennis Gibson arm to bat down that pass?
                      Gonna be hard to change the bulb with the arm swatting at you while you're searching for a socket in that beard.

Reminds me of dating back in the 70's
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        Gonna be hard to change the bulb with the arm swatting at you while you're searching for a socket in that beard.

Reminds me of dating back in the 70's
                        The 70s must have been cluttered with Chargers appendages.
                        Did you give it all you got and more? With a Super Chargers try-y?

Comment

Working...
                        X