Marcus Cromartie, Brandon Ghee, Steve Williams, Crezdon Butler, and Brandon Jones

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    And hopefully that is how it works out. Marshall may start out, but then goes out to pasture. But how many times have teams put all their hopes and dreams on rookies or unproven young players, only to have them not pan out? It happens a lot.

The other thing I think is having guys like Marshall is motivation. I think the young guys are going to see Marshall out there, realize that physically, he is not in their class anymore. Yet, initially, he will be the better player because he is smart, knows how to prepare and knows all the tricks. So, the young players realize how much those non-physical things mean to the game overall, and they work to get better. Then you add that all up, it makes them better players in the long run.

And if Marshall is the 5th or 6th CB left on the roster, he is also the kind of player who doesn't need any reps in practice, and he could go into the game and be effective. We can give all the practice and game reps to other people and not worry about having to get him up to speed.
    I'm fine with Marshall as depth.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X