• Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

The FTO Final Mock

One week to go, so here it is.

1. Ryan Shazier,OLB2. Pierre Desir, CB3. Jordan Matthews, WR
    4. Dri Archer, KR/RB/WR
    5. Ryan Carrethers, NT6. Demetrius Rhaney, C7. Lawrence Virgil, DE
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Great job FTO, at least someone here has the balls to lay it on the line.

Bad news IMHO: picks 5,6,7 are 7th---UDFA

Great News: the first four make this an A+ draft....

Not sure Shazier can handle OLB at his weight but I would be willing to give it a try

I have Matthews as a top 40 pick, but I guess he could fall

Dri archer is my favorite player in this draft

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Im liking the idea of a fast OLB vs more mobile QBs but am not sure if it will be better than a more stout pass rusher in terms of size and strenght and durrability.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Oh and his arms are only an inch longer than Ingrams...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Ill be honest:

Shazier is not a OLB. He went up to 237lbs for the combine. Doubt he stays there. He was 230 all season. He also isnt a edge rusher in a 3-4 but i like his athleticism. Hell i might move him to SS in our defense. I think he would be more successful there than at OLB. Teams would run at him all day long there being undersized. In an era of smaller players, even Fred Dean was 235 at DE.

If Jordon Matthews is there in the late 3rd and we get him....id do cartwheels but im betting he is LONG gone by then. Id love to have him.

Desir in the second....small scholl guy making a huge jump to the NFL,...... id have to see who else is on the board first....but i like the pick, just not there. However, if Matthews is there in the third, that would make up for it and id be happy.

Archer...im not sold on him in th forth round but as a KR, id like him. Just kinda high in a deep draft where we can get a LT, OG, OC or a NT. Just my preference.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-01-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Ill be honest:

Shazier is not a OLB. He went up to 237lbs for the combine. Doubt he stays there. He was 230 all season. He also isnt a edge rusher in a 3-4 but i like his athleticism. Hell i might move him to SS in our defense. I think he would be more successful there than at OLB. Teams would run at him all day long there being undersized. In an era of smaller players, even Fred Dean was 235 at DE.

If Jordon Matthews is there in the late 3rd and we get him....id do cartwheels but im betting he is LONG gone by then. Id love to have him.

Desir in the second....small scholl guy making a huge jump to the NFL,...... id have to see who else is on the board first....but i like the pick, just not there. However, if Matthews is there in the third, that would make up for it and id be happy.

Archer...im not sold on him in th forth round but as a KR, id like him. Just kinda high in a deep draft where we can get a LT, OG, OC or a NT. Just my preference.
            I think one of the teams with multi picks ( browns, Niners ). Grab him in the third

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Buck
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Ill be honest:

I was gonna make a joke post asking if he could play safety, but you beat me to it.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Not a fan of Shazier, but that's not personal I just don't like OSU players in general. They always have top tier altheticism but very few are able to translate that into any NFL success, it's the same reason I would prefer we pass on Roby. Matthews lasting to the 3rd would almost be as big a shock as KA falling to the 3rd, but if he is there he would be a great pick. Like Archer, but if we want a RB/KR/PR/WR I would prefer De'Anthony Thomas. He also has speed to spare, has had lots of success as a return guy, and worked out of the slot at Oregon quite a bit.

That's all just my opinion though, and if those were the picks TT made I would have confidence that all these guys would make our team better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  I think one of the teams with multi picks ( browns, Niners ). Grab him in the third
                  Who, Archer?

Maybe they will but i dont see him doing much else than being a KR. He wont play RB at 173 lbs and even McCluster wasnt very successful as a WR and they are the same size. Archer is faster than him but there is more to playing WR than being fast.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I would love your first three picks, but I doubt Shazier and Mathews are there when our picks come up. One other thing about Shazier is he is a vocal team leader and energy guy. I think a team that grabs Shazier utilizes him in several different roles. No, he isn't strictly an edge rusher type. He's not a pure S play. Urlacher was this sort of player when he came out. He was able to settle at a position when he bulked up. But a lot of people had him as a safety bc he was fast and didn't have enough bulk. Obviously he addressed the latter with a lot of work. Not sure Shazier will be that kind of LB but the guy just has too many skills to not be successful.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      I would love your first three picks, but I doubt Shazier and Mathews are there when our picks come up. One other thing about Shazier is he is a vocal team leader and energy guy. I think a team that grabs Shazier utilizes him in several different roles. No, he isn't strictly an edge rusher type. He's not a pure S play. Urlacher was this sort of player when he came out. He was able to settle at a position when he bulked up. But a lot of people had him as a safety bc he was fast and didn't have enough bulk. Obviously he addressed the latter with a lot of work. Not sure Shazier will be that kind of LB but the guy just has too many skills to not be successful.
                      I dont disagree with that but for us , he most likely would be a ILB or a safety, lol. Who do you want to sit to play him at ILB? Not sure he can bulk up enough and keep it on for OLB. IMO he is a 4-3 LB.

Hec in my mock i had him going #9(or they could trade down)so obviously i like his skills and would be a great fit with Buffalo but they signed Spikes on a one year deal to play MLB and imo, they should leave Alonzo there who had a great rookie season and add Shazier at OLB and have a fast LB unit. Spikes is slow and they signed him for 3.25 million.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-02-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Who, Archer?

Maybe they will but i dont see him doing much else than being a KR. He wont play RB at 173 lbs and even McCluster wasnt very successful as a WR and they are the same size. Archer is faster than him but there is more to playing WR than being fast.
                        He was an RB in college, I think yes primarily he will be a return guy but in this passing league I think he can worked into the mix, he is a very good receiver ......he is pretty small but strong, I think he did 20 reps at the combine

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X