• QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Friday Predictions Thread!

WTF??? LOL!

Who is going to be our FIRST pick? Doesn't have to be the 1st round, either. Just our first pick in the draft. Make your choice.

Me...

Jason Verrett, CB , TCU

He will be there because he's short. And that's the most 'technical' I can be.
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Deion Sandcastle

I really have no idea, but I will be tuned in Thursday night. It would anti-climactic if we were trade back. Then we would all have to wait until Friday to find out who our first pick is.
    sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Deion Sandcastle

I really have no idea, but I will be tuned in Thursday night. It would anti-climactic if we were trade back. Then we would all have to wait until Friday to find out who our first pick is.
      True ......but between Thursday and Friday this forum would be in full on "lord of the flies" mode.
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

I'm going to equivocate. I say if Barr is there, we will draft Barr; if not, we will draft Verrett. (Which means we'll probably draft neither.)

I'll go a step further: If Barr drops to 20 or 21, we will trade up in front of Philadelphia to grab him. And if neither Barr nor Verrett are there, we trade down a few spots.
        Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          Deion Sandcastle

I have no idea, either (but, I never do ). Furthermore, even though the later start date is ridiculous, IMO, this draft COULD be very interesting. Guys have been all over the map. Only Clowney, Watkins, Mack and Robinson have been consistent in the Top 8 throughout. Everyone else...it's anybody's guess. I have almost never seen such a wide range of possible landing spots for most of the 1st-round guys (many of whom have been mocked out of the 1st round).

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The #25 spot seems so fluid, and this draft seems so deep, it wouldn't surprise me if the Chargers trade down , especially with Cleveland right behind who needs to have a QB somewhere in the first two picks, and there is no run on the QBs at the top of the draft. Of the possible CBs, Fuller might be the best overall pick, and will be selected by Chargers, after a run on the WRs.

I was mostly wrong on the friday prediction thread last season, BTW.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

skinny legs, waist and wrists. Has short arms (30 5/8') and small hands (9 1/4)

That's espn insider on Verrett. They also say glowing things about his play though. He's a "tone-setter". He has excellent instincts/recognition and cover skills and almost as good ball skills and run support.

The guy sounds like my kind of player. But he's got a woman's body! I mean he's a petite type. Oh, and did you know he played most of the 2013 season with a torn labrum? He's tough! But he's small! Raw shrimp logo:

I'm back and forth on this guy BUT I probably wouldn't mind this dude at 25 because of his motor (I'm a sucker for that) and real significant skills and instinct.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Cornerback or Pass Rusher or Nose Tackle or trade back.

One of those 3 positions. I doubt they pick a NT. Just not a "Valued" position...no matter how good they are.

CB or Pass Rusher. Or Trade Back. (which is very possible in my opinion)
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

I was thinking of setting up a couple of "draft challenges" early next week. Not sure if there is much interest in this. One would be just a "top 32", we would just list who we thing makes it into the first, no teams, no trades just straight up 32 players.

we always do Chargers Mocks, I will too but maybe a "pick 8" would be fun......pick any 8 players to see who could get the most right or something like that....I'll throw in a prize.
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

I think they may go offensive line. An LT if one falls or they go Xavier Su'a Filo. I just think that by the time we draft, that may be where the value is.

I also think they pick Trevor Riley at some point...I know wishful thinking for me but TT and staff have to see how this kid will benefit this team.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Sun Valley, ID
                      • Send PM

The Bolts will trade out of the first round, everyone here (including me) will freak for 24 more hours, then on Friday, appropriately, Jamal Williams will announce Louis Nix III as the first selection in Round 2 for San Diego.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I say we pick Latimer then go defence the rest of the way.

Not impressed by the QB crop or the pass rusher after the top 3. We will see a run on CBs that has Verret gone by 22 IMO.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X