• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Presenting our future NT - Zach Kerr

So I'm completely off the Nix train now just based off of what I've heard out of Ghelken and Telesco's comments. Sooooo I present to you our mid/late round target for NT - Zach Kerr
    Combine/Pro-Day Measurements

Height: 6'1.375" Weight: 326 pounds

Arm Length: 32.875" Hand Measurement: 9.75"

40-yard dash: 5.08 sec. 10-yard split: 1.72 sec.

20-yard shuttle: 4.71 sec. Three-cone Drill: 7.73 sec. Bench Reps: 28 reps

Vertical Jump: 28.5" Broad Jump: 8'3"
    Stats

2013: 12 Games Played, 57 Tackles, 5.5 Tackles for Loss, 3.5 Sacks, 2 QB Hurries, 2 Fumbles Forced, 2 Pass Deflections

2012: 11 Games Played, 27 Tackles, 4.5 Tackles for Loss, 1.0 Sacks, 1 QB Hurry, 1 Interception, 2 Fumbles Recovered, 1 Defensive Touchdown

2011: Redshirted

2010: 16 Games Played, 21 Tackles, 0.5 Tackle for Loss

2009: 7 Games Played, 2 Tackles
    Decent measurements across the board. He has a lot of bad weight just looking at him in videos that should help him get a bit more wiggle once he gets into a NFL strength program.

He's a classic space eating 3-4 NT. He will be a strict 2 down player. I've seen some sites project him as being able to play a 3 tech, but I just don't see him having that ability. He just doesn't have that closing speed to finish. He's gonna anchor in the middle and take on double teams.

These guys actually did a really nice write up I just came across. Granted they speak a bit higher of him that I expect and have him as a potential 2nd rounder, which I just don't think will happen.

The guy is a high motor guy and seems to bring a big presence with him to the field - Fluker 2.0 if you will. You can see it in this mic'd up segment of his.

Highlights

Projected pick in the 4th round.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Hmmmm .... More like 6th rounder----- UDFA.......too short and not too bright
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Not too short for a NT. Just right really and yes, probably late round.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-02-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I like Adru Pulu tu...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I agree we get a mid to late round NT. Actually, I think it's critical we get one.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

4th probably is a bit too early, but I think you guys are selling this guy short. He's not going undrafted and should go before the 6th.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              So I'm completely off the Nix train now just based off of what I've heard out of Ghelken and Telesco's comments. Sooooo I present to you our mid/late round target for NT - Zach Kerr

Decent measurements across the board. He has a lot of bad weight just looking at him in videos that should help him get a bit more wiggle once he gets into a NFL strength program.

He's a classic space eating 3-4 NT. He will be a strict 2 down player. I've seen some sites project him as being able to play a 3 tech, but I just don't see him having that ability. He just doesn't have that closing speed to finish. He's gonna anchor in the middle and take on double teams.

These guys actually did a really nice write up I just came across. Granted they speak a bit higher of him that I expect and have him as a potential 2nd rounder, which I just don't think will happen.

The guy is a high motor guy and seems to bring a big presence with him to the field - Fluker 2.0 if you will. You can see it in this mic'd up segment of his.

Highlights

Projected pick in the 4th round.
              He has some quickness to be disruptive. I can see him as a power 3 technique guy.

But you really have to project to see him as a NT. Stands up and plays high. Poor hand use. Leads with his shoulder. Is mostly a finesse player, who loves his arm over move. He needs to get stronger, and more technically sound to have a chance at all. You just don't see him getting low, and winning with power. All his highlights are him on the move and in pursuit. You want to see him make a play now and again by just controlling the guy across from him, instead of avoiding the block.

I like him a lot better if he had any clue how to use his hands and struck a blow. But he gets controlled too much by some low level OL and that is not a good thing for him. He has thin calves and ankles, so you wonder if the guy has the low strength to be effective at NT.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

What have Gehlkan and TommyT said that would sour you on Nix?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Gehlkan asked TT about the possibility of a FA NT being on the hook for after the draft, just in case. TT responded that they have no interest right now, all their attention is going into the draft. Then quipped that Lissemore might not appreciate it. Then in a bit with Darren Smith, that everything Gehlkan has heard from the Chargers, official and off the record, they don't seem to have any interest in other NT types.

Given what TT has said lately about being ready for everything and preparing for every contingency, I am not sure I buy it, but I do agree, that they may not be looking for the classic 34 NT types.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    4th probably is a bit too early, but I think you guys are selling this guy short. He's not going undrafted and should go before the 6th.
                    Yeah I'll stick with my original assessment : 6th to UDFA
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Geliton is selling Lissimore love, maybe too much...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

It just doesn't seem they value the position highly enough to use a top pick. Can't say I blame them given the amount of time we play nickel. If that's the case, we should go after a DE then. I don't really care to be honest, I just want us to keep adding talent to the interior line to improve our rotations. They will all play.

Comment

Working...
                        X