Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

CB's - Who's your favorite?

Who do you like? I've seen each of the top 5 mocked to the Chargers.

Gilbert
    Roby
    Dennard
    Fuller
    Verrett

I think Gilbert is the best, but I would like to see Dennard fall to the Chargers.

They will probably be stuck between Fuller and Verrett, if they decide to go CB.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

OSU is my employer, so I'll have to go with Gilbert (also mainly because I saw more of him in actual games than any of the others). However, I am a big fan of
    Kyle Fuller and the reckless abandon he plays with. Reminds me of Rodney.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Fuller, but not by much. Only guy I have any concerns with are Roby, more because of how he lost focus this past season. But I could live with any of them.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Fuller and Gilbert are about even to me, not in overall skill set but in overall appeal. I would love what either of these guys could bring to the team. I am in-different on Dennard and not excited at all about Verrett or Roby. In fact, I would be disappointed if either Verrett or Roby end up as our first round pick (of course I said that about Fluker last year and look how that turned out).
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Maverick
          (Coryellian)
          • Jun 2013
          • Point Loma
          • Send PM

In the first---Gilbert & Fuller, either one.
          In the second (if we don't get one in the first)---Jean-Baptiste or Desir, in that order.

Comment

• Thunder Thighs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

1. Verrett
            2. Fuller
            3. Gilbert
            4. Dennard

I love Verrett's awareness and movement skills. He plays fastest among all the CB's. His change of direction skills are very good. He covers WRs like a pest that won't go away. He makes QBs have to be perfect. If a QB tries to throw a jump ball, Verrett has a very good vertical that makes up for his 5' 9 1/2" height.

I really like Fuller and Gilbert, too, and would not be disappointed with either.

I have reservations about Dennard with regard to his speed and style of play that could bring on penalties.

Roby is too much of a risk to take in the 1st. Character issues and toasted too much last year to feel comfortable with him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              In the first---Gilbert & Fuller, either one.
              In the second (if we don't get one in the first)---Jean-Baptiste or Desir, in that order.
              ditto. I like the big CBs.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I did watch 4 to 5 TCU games Jason Verrett is Asante Samuel. He just makes plays...
                Having said that really like what I read about Fuller. Hope one of those 2 is our pick only if Barr is not there.

I have a felling we can get Verret if we trade down to the 30 to 37 pick.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Dennard is a typical short side of the field cornerback who can blitz...play the run...and press better than anyone in the draft. Hes my favorite but im not going by fit here. I think Gilbert has some movement issues. Fuller is probably the best fit for us and most well rounded cornerback. Versatile player and i like versatile. Roby struggles with the great route running type wr's. Abrederris who imo is the best route runner in this draft ruined him. I like the big cornerbacks in this draft but most are press types. Ive always preferred press CBs and am not a huge fan of what we do but it is what it is. Id rather target 2nd or 3rd round types as im not sure theres a huge drop off in the zone corners from guys like Fuller. Guys that would work in the 3rd or so are Breeland and Aikens.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Tough one. I think Dennard is probably the most NFL ready, Gilbert has the highest ceiling, Fuller would fit our D the best, Verrett is probably the best playmaker, and Roby is the best althete (but his mental game scares the shit out of me). Realistically I think Gilbert and Dennard will be gone by 25, a lot of teams need CB help in this pass happy league of ours. Fuller would be my preferred choice, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Verrett. I might take Roby in the second.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Verrett.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Gill Byrd