• Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    +10000

Hating the old holdout years is an insult to the word "hate". I'm not sure there's a word in the English dictionary that comes close to describing the negative feelings/experience I had with that nonsense. So glad it's over.
    F the Raiders logo:
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • siberiacuse, ny
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Wow, that was the lowlights reel I guess. Didn't like this quote: "suffered a partially torn hamstring at the Senior Bowl". Any idea if that's completely healed?
      I'm guessing yes, since it's been 4 months.
      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

CHARGERS BLOG
        Chargers tested Attaochu in opener
        By Tom Krasovic 06:51p.m. Aug 8, 2014

The Chargers are eager to develop Jerry Attaochu.

They act like his rare speed off the edge can help them win games this year, even if he is a raw rookie now. They know he'll chase until he finds the ball or the whistle blows. Even if the kid lacks multi-moves, his burst can create angles for teammates. Growing pains are assumed, but also the cost of doing business. Tom Telesco invested two draft picks in him in May. With such investments, the clock ticks louder.

I like how the Chargers challenged Attaochu in their preseason opener Thursday. They matched him twice against an elite left tackle, Tyron Smith, and told him to find the quarterback without help.

How good is Smith? A day earlier, the Cowboys signed him to an eight-year, $98-million contract. A few plays before Attaochu faced him, he pancaked 300-pound end Kendall Reyes.

Attaochu tried to run by Smith each time, wide. Smith, who slides east-west like a point guard, thwarted him the first try. In the rematch, he rode him behind the pocket.

So was the rookie 0-for-2? Not quite. He made a sharp U-turn that prompted quarterback Brandon Weeden to pull the ball down and run upfield. It was just like his Georgia Tech game tape. The kid doesn't accept being out of a play.

Did Chargers coaches credit Attaochu with a pressure? "It depends on how you define pressure," Mike McCoy said Friday. McCoy quipped, "If it's our guys, sure."

Another play stood out. Defending the run, Attaochu crashed into the line's interior, only to see back Joseph Randle run by him for an 8-yard gain into the area he vacated. It was a reminder: he'll have to develop not just pass-rush moves, but awareness.

McCoy, asked about the performance, said he loved the rookie's approach.

"He's going full speed every play," he said. "There's going to be some growing pains with every young player. You've got to understand that. He's going to get sucked in on certain plays and not set the edge on certain things. But he's going to add another dimension for us on the outside edge that we're really looking forward to."

Expect him to face more starters from other teams. As it happens, the next three opponents employ left tackles who are all paid large salaries: Russell Okung (Seahawks), Joe Staley (49ers) and Jared Veldheer (Cardinals).

McCoy called such tests a "great opportunity." He said they help to answer the question: "When are the younger players going to make that jump?"

As for other Chargers edge rushers, Dwight Freeney, who rested Thursday, is the only one who, in his career, has shown he can beat NFL tackles with consistency. He's also 34 and coming off a season-ending quad injury, though he has flashed burst and an effective spin move this summer against the team's starters.

It's a big year for NFL junior and first-round draftee Melvin Ingram, who worked a stunt with Reyes to pressure Weeden into a throwaway. Ingram hasn't had a full season as a starter.

Backups Thomas Keiser and Reggie Walker had sacks against Cowboys backups -- Keiser whipped a tight end in 2.6 seconds and Walker, after moving from inside linebacker, got home in 3.1 seconds by trucking a running back. Sophomore Tourek Williams' move to the strong side, behind Jarret Johnson, figures to match him against tight ends more often this year.

How far will Attaochu's young legs and hunger take him this season? The discovery process began Thursday against a Pro Bowl tackle entering his prime
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

That was a great trade up. The 4th we gave up would probably have made the squad, making the Bolts cut someone else who is deserving of being here.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Great pick! Forced fumble sack and a punt block.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Great pick! Forced fumble sack and a punt block.
              I bet he could punt a football more than 22 yards......glad we got him
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
              X