• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Telesco Ranked #11 GM Per Rotoworld

Kudos from RW. It has taken a while to get our fairly complete roster and the OL is still a concern but some praise is deserved.

11. Tom Telesco, Chargers
    There are two ways to look at Tom Telesco's six years on the job. The first is that he's had a Hall-of-Fame quarterback to build around and has only two playoff wins to show for it. The other is, he has produced four winning campaigns and now boasts one of the league's deepest rosters. Telesco has drafted at least one Pro Bowler or All-Pro six straight seasons, including defensive linchpins Joey Bosa and Derwin James. Even first-round running back Melvin Gordon has proven worth his selection, while Day 2/3 picks Hunter Henry and Desmond King are helping to fuel the Chargers' renaissance. Largely quiet in free agency, Telesco has focused on extending his own draft finds. He has done all this for an adrift organization that will soon be playing in its third stadium in five years. Although he is as anonymous as his franchise, Telesco's work deserves recognition.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    Kudos from RW. It has taken a while to get our fairly complete roster and the OL is still a concern but some praise is deserved.

11. Tom Telesco, Chargers
    There are two ways to look at Tom Telesco's six years on the job. The first is that he's had a Hall-of-Fame quarterback to build around and has only two playoff wins to show for it. The other is, he has produced four winning campaigns and now boasts one of the league's deepest rosters. Telesco has drafted at least one Pro Bowler or All-Pro six straight seasons, including defensive linchpins Joey Bosa and Derwin James. Even first-round running back Melvin Gordon has proven worth his selection, while Day 2/3 picks Hunter Henry and Desmond King are helping to fuel the Chargers' renaissance. Largely quiet in free agency, Telesco has focused on extending his own draft finds. He has done all this for an adrift organization that will soon be playing in its third stadium in five years. Although he is as anonymous as his franchise, Telesco's work deserves recognition.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/go...ms-2019?page=1
    Why do I sense that TT's entire fate
    rests on Forrest Lamp ?
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

slow and steady wins the race.... the man has his merits, and....

his cohort, young John Spanos, views the draft as his fave day of the year.

our future lies in the hands of team Tommy John.... good luck fellas,

ps. do think Forrest is gonna find himself in the starting lineup by season's end as well.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

It seems every year though there are areas w concerns after the slight dabbling in FA. I can't remember any year where you could say we were really complete on either D or O. Some positions like S ( which changed w James) , LT (King Dunlap was just ok) , RT (Tevi still) , C ( inconsistency before Pouncey) or DT were concerns even weaknesses.

DT is still a little concern - counting on a rookie, and so is RT. They are shrewd but it would be nice if they cut the purse strings open a little more in FA. But can't complain w the results last year.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

rests on Forrest Lamp ?
          how many GMs have hit a PB or all Pro in six straight seasons? His fate absolutely does not hinge on 1 player, especially as that player was regarded as the #1 interior Olineman by several teams and has been derailed by injury. My .02

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

how many GMs have hit a PB or all Pro in six straight seasons? His fate absolutely does not hinge on 1 player, especially as that player was regarded as the #1 interior Olineman by several teams and has been derailed by injury. My .02
            I studied Lamp predraft.

My comment was intended more along the lines of perception.

That said, the Lamp situation will be key for the Chargers, and TTs track record at Oline is in play here.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

rests on Forrest Lamp ?
              TT's fate rests on winning a championship. Part of that is having better oline play. Lamp is a big part of it

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

rests on Forrest Lamp ?
                No idea. Lamp could re-hurt himself and never play another down in the league and that won't in any, way, shape or form affect his job status. If Lamp comes back and plays like the player everyone thought before his injury, it's just another good player on what many consider the best roster in the league.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I love Lamp
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I asked myself a rhetorical question out loud,
                    and yep, there were some answers.

Thank you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

rests on Forrest Lamp ?
                      Lol, don't know but I think /hope Lamp starts at seasons game 1. He should being there all TC this time around.
                      Schofield is ok but don't like him as a swing OT and he is average as a OG. Think he is expendable and hope Quesenberry steps up this preseason to replace him as an option to make Lamp as our swing OT.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        slow and steady wins the race.... the man has his merits, and....

his cohort, young John Spanos, views the draft as his fave day of the year.

our future lies in the hands of team Tommy John.... good luck fellas,

ps. do think Forrest is gonna find himself in the starting lineup by season's end as well.
                        It's easy to criticize Team Spanos for the bumbling done by that family for a long time. But we should also give John some credit here. He and TT have built one of the best rosters in the entire league. That doesn't happen by accident. It may all be due to TT or a combination of TT and John together but however it came about, the results have been very good. He deserves some credit for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X