• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

CB Brandon Flowers released by Kansas City Chiefs

Man I wanted the Chargers to pick this guy, back when he got drafted. He is still in his prime IMO (28 years old)...

Last edited by rikardo; 06-13-2014, 05:19 PM.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We would need to cut Clary amd maybe more to sign him...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Danimal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Their CB depth is not good enough to handle losing him. PR and Manning will carve them up. Shaub still throws a couple picks vs them and everybody else.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        We would need to cut Clary amd maybe more to sign him...
        Who else can we cut that would save us money? Flowers might suck. A lot of people were saying that Cox was good last year, and I bought it. Now I'm not so ready to believe what people say about cornerbacks.

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

No Brandon Flowers does not suck.
          IMO he is one of the top 5 CB in the league.
          I really don't know what the hell happend in KC.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

How can so many people have been so wrong about Derek Cox? He was supposed to be good. I can see where he'd have an off-season and he'd be just so-so. But, he was so terrible, we decided to stop playing him at all. And now we're paying him to not be on our team. My guess is he never was good. People just don't know what they are talking about when it comes to cornerbacks.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
              Aren't there guys here who frequent other team's boards? I see references to 'Chiefs planet' (or something like that) from time to time. Surely somebody can eavesdrop on their conversations and report back to the rest of us.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                How can so many people have been so wrong about Derek Cox? He was supposed to be good. I can see where he'd have an off-season and he'd be just so-so. But, he was so terrible, we decided to stop playing him at all. And now we're paying him to not be on our team. My guess is he never was good. People just don't know what they are talking about when it comes to cornerbacks.
                I had never heard of Cox till we sign him, maybe you had heard he was a rising star or something like that.

On the other hand I have seen Brandon cover or should I say shut down Vincent Jackson when he was playing for a big contact.
                Like I said Brandon Flowers is a proven great player you should know what you are getting out of him. It is unfair to compair him with Cox IMO, is like compairing every Free Agent WR we could sign to David Boston.

I will say it again I don't know what the hell happend in KC for a talented player like him to get cut...
                Last edited by rikardo; 06-13-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Screeme
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Such odd timing for this. Supposedly it's a money move so they can pay Justin Houston and Alex Smith. I also read he "didnt fit" their defense. I kind of call b.s. on that, but what do I know.

I don't know what type of cap space we have, my understanding is none. But we'd be a better team with Flowers, that's for sure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                    Cox IMO was never as good as Flowers but i wouldnt call Flowers a top 5 CB either but he is a good CB who didnt play as well last season in a more press defense. I liked Flowers a lot coming out of college and still like him. Dont know if id sign him to a long term deal. I dont know, if TT gets him, great, if not......oh well. But i wouldnt mind having him.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-13-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Aren't there guys here who frequent other team's boards? I see references to 'Chiefs planet' (or something like that) from time to time. Surely somebody can eavesdrop on their conversations and report back to the rest of us.
                      Reading things at CP,.... he wasnt a fit as a press CB which they played more of with a new DC last season and he wasnt that good in it and he was playing mostly in the slot last season than he was seasons before. And he was expensive. He signed a 6 year, 50 million deal in 2011 and his cap hit this year would have been over 5 million.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Reading things at CP,.... he wasnt a fit as a press CB which they played more of with a new DC last season and he wasnt that good in it and he was playing mostly in the slot last season than he was seasons before. And he was expensive. He signed a 6 year, 50 million deal in 2011 and his cap hit this year would have been over 5 million.
                        Thanks BoltJ.

Comment

Working...
                        X