• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maurile
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The San Diego Chargers agreed to a one-year deal with former Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers . For five seasons, Flowers was one of the better cover cornerbacks in the NFL but struggled in 2013...

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Nope. Never read it. My sense and sensibility tell me it isn't my type of novel. Go Chargers.
      Let me apply a bit of persuasion. I didn't think I would like it, but it's a brilliant novel.
      Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
        Darby is my sisters name. Never thought I'd see that name on this forum.
        See this? This is me showing restraint. LOL

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Darby might start for us one day soon. He's good. Hopefully for us and not someone else.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            See this? This is me showing restraint. LOL
            Sorry! I was a little punchy.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              I'd give it 10 minutes before it degenerated into "I know you are but what am I" and other playground taunts.
              No more like " the greatness of the Raiders". Bwahaaahahaaaaaaaa......
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

That is some excellent fucking analysis.

Wanna-be analysts on here take not on how to use advanced stats, situational breaks, and game film to understand technique and reasons and not just look at raw stats in various permutations.

Also for formal analysts *cough Kirwan* calling him a slot CB - that is some lazy fucking thinking. As the article explains, Flowers plays best with outside leverage as he has the footwork to turn with the outside against most split ends and flankers. That allows him to break quite easily on inside routes as he uses the sideline to gain advantage on the outside routes. Kirwan thinks "short and declining = slot". Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Putting him in the slot takes away that leverage, which is his strongest point. Just goes to show there are dumb asses on NFL staffs, too. Sutton should have never played him in the slot.

Better to be a step closer than an inch taller.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

The other thing that makes Flowers successful is him being smart. On that route with Meachem, he knew that Meachem was prone to running weak ass routes and half assing the break. So, when he recognized the break, he knew that was a play he could get a pick, and could go after it. ON a lot of those other plays, he plays with picture perfect technique, but he knows he has no chance to get a pick unless the QB throws bad, so he doesn't force it. He plays the mistake, plays to just break up the pass, maybe tip to someone else, but don't take needless chances. He is going to make a great example for the younger guys. Learn the plays and what to look for during the week, so when the chances present themselves on Sunday, you are ready to make the play.

Sutton is an example of a coach, who may say he is playing to the players strengths, and he probably thinks he is. But that is where I think McCoy and TT shine. They are some of the best at really trying to legitimately play to the players strengths. You can't do it for every guy on every play, but they do it more often then not. Sutton is getting hung up in one of the classic pitfalls in player evaluation. He is focusing on what Flowers CAN'T do well, and is forgetting what he CAN do well. He is smart, plays with good technique, and we like our guys to play off, and with with a heads up or outside shade to steer the receivers inside to Weddle, Addai and the LB.

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The thing I like best about this signing is that "For Shareece Wright, right's right" he likes the right side of the field and wants to stay there:

And for Flowers, he wants the left side of the field and doesn't like the slot

But Steve Williams, Marcus Gilchrist and Verrett all like / play the slot ...

This is perfect !!

PS - check out the NFL Network's Flowers' interview :

Last edited by Big Dog; 06-27-2014, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Kyle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                      That is some excellent fucking analysis.

Wanna-be analysts on here take not on how to use advanced stats, situational breaks, and game film to understand technique and reasons and not just look at raw stats in various permutations.

Also for formal analysts *cough Kirwan* calling him a slot CB - that is some lazy fucking thinking. As the article explains, Flowers plays best with outside leverage as he has the footwork to turn with the outside against most split ends and flankers. That allows him to break quite easily on inside routes as he uses the sideline to gain advantage on the outside routes. Kirwan thinks "short and declining = slot". Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Putting him in the slot takes away that leverage, which is his strongest point. Just goes to show there are dumb asses on NFL staffs, too. Sutton should have never played him in the slot.

Better to be a step closer than an inch taller.
                      Kirwin didn't call him a slot corner. GM's and scouts did. They really should read more Bleacher Report.
                      Last edited by Kyle; 06-27-2014, 02:22 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                        Kirwin didn't call him a slot receiver. GM's and scouts did. I suppose they should read more articles on the internet about how to evaluate talent.
                        If they are calling him a slot RECEIVER....maybe they should.

Comment

• Kyle
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          If they are calling him a slot RECEIVER....maybe they should.
                          Fixed it (it's late lol)
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X