• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Flowers on one side, Wright on the other until Verrett is healthy. Then Verrett can fill in at either spot.

Williams will make the team.

Ghee/Marshall/Butler will be in a battle for sure.

This was a great signing. someone on twitter mentioned that Flowers was motivated to sign in SD because he gets to play against the Chiefs. I like it. I like it alot.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      @FieldYates: In order to earn that full $2M in incentives, Flowers needs to play 92.5% of the Chargers D snaps & team must advance to AFC Championship.

Wow

So (for the cynics), it's a 3 million dollar deal.
      Then he has to stay healthy. He missed 3 games last year. He can get it and if we do that , money well spent...and hopefully we are going to a SB.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
        Question is what took so long? Someone got cut or restructured I'm assuming
        Went to visit those ese's up in SF first (per Jason La something from ESPN [I think])....

Comment

• Buck
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

So how much more $$$ does this cost us (including dead money) than if we just kept Cox?

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

The team actually saved real dollars by cutting cox who would have earned 4.5 million in base salary.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

3.9 of it is dead money, so the financial difference between keeping and dumping Cox for the year was less than a half-mil (?) but then he would've still been on the books for 2015.
              Flowers costs no more than 5 mil if he hits all of his bonuses and then is a FA next season.
              So this way, the team loses some money but replaces Cox on the field for the year, and then is off the hook for anything next season.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                You know who needs to go SC
                Vincent Jackhole.

Comment

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Vincent Jackhole.
                  So that's Yuba's real name? Weird.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

92.5% = 56 out of 60 plays. Iron man territory.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Flowers, who skipped the start of the offseason training program on April 21, also decided to skip all 10 voluntary practices of organized team activities, and finally, on June 13 — the final day of OTAs — the Chiefs released Flowers, creating roughly $7.5 million of cap room.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...#storylink=cpy
                      Looking for a reason Flowers was cut? Hopefully he won't wear out his welcome here.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Teamed with All-Pro Eric Weddle and the underrated Marcus Gilchrist, Flowers could help the Chargers field one of the best secondaries in the NFL in 2014. If they can get the same type of production from their offense this season as they did in 2013, there’s no telling how far the Chargers could go. If anything, winning the AFC West is now a realistic goal.
                        So, yesterday we're one of the worst secondaries in the History of the NFL, then "the underrated Marcus Gilchrist" comes along (really...is that the FIRST time Gilchrist's name has been mentioned ANYWHERE but on this board, ever?); we sign Flowers...and Voila'! - we've got one of the BEST secondaries in the NFL...and we're a Dark Horse Super Bowl contender. LOL! Such BS.

In my mind, though a very good signing, it changes nothing. I say we regress to 7-9. That schedule is just too much for us. We need another good draft (I'm assuming that 2014 will be good), and a couple more Flowers-like signings in the off-season.

Which brings up another point: 1-year deal. So unless we win the SB in 2014 - and should Flowers have a good season - we'll fall back into the "Worst Secondaries" list because Flowers will sign somewhere else, for sure.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

gilchrist IS underrated. most fans think he sucks but he gradually improved last year and his versatility was a big part of saving the season. his work in the slot was huge, and one of the biggest reasons the team beat denver

Comment

Working...
                          X