• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sports Blog of JAHLEEL ADDAE

Go Rivers!
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comments section at the bottom if anyone wants to invite him to join!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Geezbolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Sun Valley, ID
      • Send PM

It's good to hear Addae "gets" it. It's obvious Weddle's leadership skills equal or maybe even exceed his abilities on the field. The Bolts are very lucky to have him.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Hopefully a full camp penciled as the likely #1 starter will get Addae to the next level of understanding. We really do need him to continue to develop. He showed very well down the stretch and I do think Weddle was huge in getting him through his lumps. Need a few more stories like this to make us real contenders in the division and this year in general.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Wow, is it possible we could have two productive safeties in at the same time. Unbelievable.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Wow, is it possible we could have two productive safeties in at the same time. Unbelievable.
            I sure hope so, but we really need to see the turnovers from this group. Weddles INT's dropped off a cliff last year. Gilchrist and Addae didn't cause many turnovers either. The defense simply has to get the ball back more often this year for us to take that next step as a defense.

That's one of the reasons I was very encouraged we picked up Verrett. That guy is a ball hawk and is always making plays on the ball. Then we are Flowers who has a similar skill set. That's a dimension we haven't had in our secondary in a decade.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

I think Weddle had to cover the LBs ass so much last year by being pulled up into the line we flat out missed his eyes in center field. I think we will see a stouter secondary with him back in his natural position and real CB experience back there. This could be a fun defense....they have nobody believing in them yet have gained in talent from signings and injury returns.

Comment

• Grinners
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                and three productive Corners!!!

Holy Bat Shit Robin we may have went from worst to first with our Secondary????!!!!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The defence has realy had a makeover this offseason, it will take a year or three for the rookies to click, but its a new day dawning for the Chargers defence!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

I listened to an Addae interview about a month ago on 1360..... It was awesome, he sounded like he gets it. He was pretty confident in himself and he had a great sense of humor too.
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      The defence has realy had a makeover this offseason, it will take a year or three for the rookies to click, but its a new day dawning for the Chargers defence!
                      Think what we had last season, and what we did to Denver. We get even a little break with health of players, and they play the scheme, Wow.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        I sure hope so, but we really need to see the turnovers from this group. Weddles INT's dropped off a cliff last year. Gilchrist and Addae didn't cause many turnovers either. The defense simply has to get the ball back more often this year for us to take that next step as a defense.

That's one of the reasons I was very encouraged we picked up Verrett. That guy is a ball hawk and is always making plays on the ball. Then we are Flowers who has a similar skill set. That's a dimension we haven't had in our secondary in a decade.
                        But turnovers are not just the result of one guy playing well. There were always easy, safe reads on the outside, so teams could play it fairly safe against us. Now, hopefully, they will have to fight to complete those outside passes, so they will be forced to throw inside, where there are more tips (from the CB in no one else), and more times when teams are forced to throw downfield. Add in smaller throwing windows, and there should be more passes that the S can really go after.

Comment

Working...
                        X