• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Gotta admit my only real fear at this point is that we still have a lot of camp to go. I think we can overcome these injuries. I think Bosa was a bigger loss than James. I expect Keenan will be fine. I think we will do ok at RB with Gordon crying.

But the pain im feeling at the moment is "Whose Next To Fall" and that is a Charger scar most of us fans have, Its so hard to love anything without trust. And when it comes to injuries its almost impossible to trust this team. They kill us. When you truly love your team you trust them. You believe in them. You remain positive on them. The key to any relationship is trust. And ive been dating the Chargers almost all my life. lol We are engaged. A SB win will be our marriage. But we have to trust.

If we can get Okung and James back by week 9 i think we may be better for it. But we need to persevere those 8 weeks without them. And we need to not lose anymore starters. Thats a big ask. But we can pull it off. Ovbiously the worse case scenario is losing James all year. But my mind wont let me go there. So week 9 is the worst case scenario.

Overcome and go at least 5-3 or 6-2. Then finish the 2nd half of the season at almost full strength and go into the playoffs loaded. Maybe even get Gordon back.

We may need a MOJO injury thread. lol Start really focusing on being positive.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      If he got stepped on doing that stupid Jack Boyz celebration, I'll blow a freaking gasket!

Wow...if true, that would be reminiscent of how former Padres and Giants pitcher Dave Dravecky battled back from cancer, only to get injured in a post-game celebration...it may be time to re-think that Jack Boyz cheer...maybe they all line up and give imaginary "high-fives"...to the latest jacker...

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Sickening being a fan of this team

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Now would be a good time for adderly to start to learn nfl football
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm gonna spin this to a positive, next man up! And not just DBs, James lines up everywhere so all spots are on notice, bring it!

Comment

• Craig440
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Think I'm going to throw up.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We deal with this every year, TT has given this D some if the best depth in the league. We won without Bosa out there, we can win without James.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I am still very high on our secondary. We have big, aggressive players who are fast and have quickness. We play a pretty simple scheme, and I think Jenkins is ready to play a role.

We will miss James when he is out. He is the best S for our scheme in the NFL. BUt I think Jenkins has shown flashes and showed in the playoffs last year he is ready to step up and be a player. We still have Watkins and eventually Adderley at FS, and Phillips and King are awfully good players too. We won't be the best secondary in the NFL, but we are still pretty good.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Returning seven Pro Bowlers on this team from last season. Three of them - due to injury, illness, and a hold out - will miss a significant portion of the first half of the season. A fourth pro bowler is out with an injury for the rest of the preseason at least. SMH.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

But D has guys back we sorely missed, Bosa, White, also Davis is huge at LB.

Still a top D, IMO. And our secondary ain't chopped liver without James.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I am still very high on our secondary. We have big, aggressive players who are fast and have quickness. We play a pretty simple scheme, and I think Jenkins is ready to play a role.

We will miss James when he is out. He is the best S for our scheme in the NFL. BUt I think Jenkins has shown flashes and showed in the playoffs last year he is ready to step up and be a player. We still have Watkins and eventually Adderley at FS, and Phillips and King are awfully good players too. We won't be the best secondary in the NFL, but we are still pretty good.
                          Has there been a Watkins sighting?
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X