Seahawks at Chargers Game Day Thread (Preseason #3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This will be his 3rd year
    Well if you base it on PFF's rankings, how we did towards the end of the season, and the fact that Mike Munchak was available, then yeah sure we should have fired him and somehow gotten Munchak.

But since we didn't, I can only conclude that he's still here because of our overall record last year, the fact that we had one of the best offenses, and our run blocking had substantially improved to the point where we were #5 last season according to Footballoutsider. The problem is that our sack total went up in 2018 compared to 2017. Hence the mixed bag comment. That is something that definitely needs to greatly improve this year. As well as the QB pressure rate. But as a whole, you have to take into account both pass blocking and run blocking when evaluating the OL and the coach.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its ok if you do not understand basic offense. Its easy to fall into the trap of mobile QB's equal less sacks, most people with a rudimentary football knowledge would agree with this.

Most sacked QB's in a season. All of these QB's except Ken O'Brien are mobile QB's. Cunningham is the best, most athletic mobile QB in the modern history of the NFL.

Least sacked qb's.
      Peyton Manning 3.13% 1998-2015 2TM
      Dan Marino+ 3.13% 1983-1999 mia
      Doug Williams 3.24% 1978-1989 2TM
      Mark Rypien 3.58% 1988-2001 5TM
      Drew Brees 3.88% 2001-2018 2TM
      Steve Bono 4.28% 1985-1999 7TM
      Derek Anderson 4.62% 2006-2018 4TM
      Mike Tomczak 4.65% 1985-1999 4TM
      Joey Harrington 4.66% 2002-2007 3TM
      Jeff Garcia 4.69% 1999-2009 5TM
      Amazing look at all of those incredibly mobile QB's on this list. Doug Williams was mobile for sure and so was Jeff Garcia. I don't think I need to go on. The stats speak for themselves.

Just an FYI when you spout off with "weak sauce" arguments and you only have the knowledge that ESPN gives to you, you only make yourself look bad.
      You're just being a jerk at this point. I already admitted that there may be merit to what you said.

Oh and by by the way, you did bring weak sauce, back your crap up when you make a comment, don't make others do it for you. Weak sauce.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Grow up gentlemen.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
          Grow up gentlemen.
          No one likes someone on a high horse.

Other than just not posting on this forum what else should I do? Someone told me they disagreed with me in a condescending way. I told them to prove their point and not come with weak sauce (weak sauce being a much less aggressive term than could have been used).

Someone else then came in with facts and I agreed and then changed my view and even tried to think through the misconception with others.

Then the origional poster who disagreed with me comes Back and bashes the crap out of me after I already stated that what they said is factually correct.

I then respond by telling the person they are they are being a jerk and that it is weak sauce to do a drive by condescending post and let others post stats for you instead.

I could have been muuuuch more rude and tried my hardest to reign in much of my irritation.

So yeah "grow up gentleman", where should I grow up? Should I just leave? Am I not allowed to respond to getting flamed? Is growing up not defending yourself? I dont get it but I'm sure it's easy to see the answer up on your high horse.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm closing this thread. First, its a game day thread. Second, this discussion is starting to sound like 'internet tough guy'. Win your arguments with facts, and don't debase others if they see it a different way based on facts. Not pointing this at anyone in particular, but if you force people to be defensive, you will probably not get much positive feedback from that.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

I opened this thread up. If guys want to use this forum to get steam off then so be it. I dont want the drama on the other forums though. I can guarantee that our GDT's will get heated. That is the biggest reasons why i created my thread regarding behavior. We have a few here that tend to always be negative.

If there is any thread that i feel will be impossible to moderate its the GDT's lol

Be civil guys.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I opened this thread up. If guys want to use this forum to get steam off then so be it. I dont want the drama on the other forums though. I can guarantee that our GDT's will get heated. That is the biggest reasons why i created my thread regarding behavior. We have a few here that tend to always be negative.

If there is any thread that i feel will be impossible to moderate its the GDT's lol

Be civil guys.
                Like Carlin said....paraphrasing

During a football game you are capable of taking the life of someone sitting close you, preferably a stranger.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

Working...
                X