Chargers at Niners Game Day Thread (Preseason #4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers at Niners Game Day Thread (Preseason #4)

Last chance game for the bottom of the roster. I hope to see some play from Adderley, but the focus will be on Jones and Stick, as well as the tackles.

No injuries, please.
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

I think Stick is gonna be special one day,,, but why do I fear Jones is gonna somehow beat out stick? If stick goes to the practice squad he will get plucked by another team fast and that will make me sick.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post
      I think Stick is gonna be special one day,,, but why do I fear Jones is gonna somehow beat out stick? If stick goes to the practice squad he will get plucked by another team fast and that will make me sick.
      I get that sense too. AL hasn't had Stick go in ahead of CJ once yet ... and every game he seems to make a point of complimenting 'Kordell'. There's no rule but my lifelong observation is if its really an even / tied position battle, the coach will rotate who goes in 1st vs 2nd to give both some action against more 2nd string vs only 3rd/4th/street fodder. I hear same is planned tonight - CJ to play the first half, Stick to clean up the 2nd

I think they feel he's pretty safe for practice squad. I don't know he'll be that special some day or not, i'd rather keep him. I would say Cordell outplayed him PS Gm2 but i don't think that matters. We are comparing Jone's peak potential vs Stick's rookie initial starting point.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I get that sense too. AL hasn't had Stick go in ahead of CJ once yet ... and every game he seems to make a point of complimenting 'Kordell'. There's no rule but my lifelong observation is if its really an even / tied position battle, the coach will rotate who goes in 1st vs 2nd to give both some action against more 2nd string vs only 3rd/4th/street fodder. I hear same is planned tonight - CJ to play the first half, Stick to clean up the 2nd

I think they feel he's pretty safe for practice squad. I don't know he'll be that special some day or not, i'd rather keep him. I would say Cordell outplayed him PS Gm2 but i don't think that matters. We are comparing Jone's peak potential vs Stick's rookie initial starting point.
        I think Easton "Fire" Stick showed more in those two TD drives than Kordell showed in the past 3 years...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Thanks Bolt-O.
          Tonight's the night.
          Who will rise ?
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Volson to Stick action
            no injuries
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I would love for Teamer to rebound off the injury bug and make the squad. AND I am hoping that Adderly channels the ghost of Herb and shows us why we used a number 2.

And AND no dammed injuries........

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

But could this be a Lemon/Feeley-type situation where it comes down to what TT wants?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

But could this be a Lemon/Feeley-type situation where it comes down to what TT wants?
                  Be interesting to know who has how much say on final roster. Idunno - Cardale screwed up the entire plan by playing better.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Be interesting to know who has how much say on final roster. Idunno - Cardale screwed up the entire plan by playing better.
                    Yep...reminds me of how Brees suddenly started playing better after the Bolts drafted Rivers...but at least Brees has talent...

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Not so sure Stick would be taken from the PS. He made it through 5 rounds of the NFL draft. He has looked spunky and scrappy in preseason, with some head scratcher throws mixed in. Not sure he has shown enough for other teams to suddenly think they made a mistake not drafting him in the first place.

All that said, he is my clear choice over Jones. I think he has a much higher ceiling.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Adderly. Thats who i want to see. Id like to see Adderly and Tranquil active in the middle of the field. Be nice if he had some of the intangibles James brings to the table. Like blitzes and chunk run play reduction. James biggest asset was his ability to keep teams from scoring monster runs against us. Adderly is a sideline to sideline open field tackling machine.

Comment

Working...
                        X