• Send PM

Iron sperm

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Very heartwarming. Since Phil hugged it out with Weddle perhaps I'll finally forgive Weddle. Rivers is so beloved.
      It is very hard to hate on Rivers. One of the cleanest shit talker out there

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I hope Rivers makes the hall of fame. He was instrumental in Gates' career. It won't be easy for Rivers. The thing I find is that there's so much hypocrisy when it comes to the QB position. I've seen the things people use against Rivers. Anything and everything people use against him is just to keep him out.
        The Hall of Fame voters are an absolute joke. There are way too many former players who should be in the Hall of Fame and haven't been voted in for very stupid reasons. Meanwhile many less deserving former players have gotten in. True Hall of Famers such as Deion Sanders have been calling out the voters for that recently. Hopefully it gets more attention and leads to more intelligent people becoming voters.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The Hall of Fame voters are an absolute joke. There are way too many former players who should be in the Hall of Fame and haven't been voted in for very stupid reasons. Meanwhile many less deserving former players have gotten in. True Hall of Famers such as Deion Sanders have been calling out the voters for that recently. Hopefully it gets more attention and leads to more intelligent people becoming voters.
          Agree. Writers get to vote on HOF. Mike Greenberg gets a vote. Not sure if he gets to vote every year tho but he has voted. Some writers didnt vote for Barry Bonds because he wasnt nice to interviewers lol. Who the fuck cares!
          And sorry, imo there no way Floyd Little should be in the HOF.

This is how they do it.

The Committee consists of one media representative from each pro football city — with two from New York and two from Los Angeles, as those cities each have two teams in the National Football League. There are 16 at-large Selectors, who are active members of the media or persons intricately involved in professional football, including one representative of the Pro Football Writers of America. All appointments are open-ended and approved annually by a majority vote of the Hall of Fame's Board of Trustees.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Like it or not, the bias on QBs and Head Coaches is the Super Bowl. MVPs help, and also ranking very high in career stats. I think Philip Rivers is a HOF QB, but it might take a while to get him in, because he didn't appear in a Super Bowl, and no MVP. Everyone should be prepared to see Eli with a gold jacket, before Philip, and Roethlisberger is a 1st ballot guy. I think Gates is a lock, because he was the best in his position, stats and has a great story of being a UDFA. But you can never know for sure.

Even though it is writers that vote people in, they do hear from Hall of Famers in the discussion, like Fouts for Coryell.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Like it or not, the bias on QBs and Head Coaches is the Super Bowl. MVPs help, and also ranking very high in career stats. I think Philip Rivers is a HOF QB, but it might take a while to get him in, because he didn't appear in a Super Bowl, and no MVP. Everyone should be prepared to see Eli with a gold jacket, before Philip, and Roethlisberger is a 1st ballot guy. I think Gates is a lock, because he was the best in his position, stats and has a great story of being a UDFA. But you can never know for sure.

Even though it is writers that vote people in, they do hear from Hall of Famers in the discussion, like Fouts for Coryell.
              I do think Roethlisberger will get in first ballot, but he doesn't deserve it. Has the worst Super Bowl performance by a winning quarterback in history. Won "his" second Super Bowl when Tom Brady was out for the year, and the Steelers needed a miraculous pick-six to win that one over the Wild Card Arizona Cardinals. Played poorly in the Super Bowl loss to the Packers. Had Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin as his head coaches during his career and never beat the Patriots in the playoffs. In AFC Championship Games he threw six touchdown passes and six interceptions. In three Super Bowls he threw three touchdown passes and five interceptions. In 23 playoff games he threw 36 touchdown passes and 28 interceptions, as well as fumbling eight times, with three of them recovered by the other team.

I've never thought of Roethliberger being the reason the Steelers were competing for and winning Super Bowls. I always thought the defense was the most responsible.

As far as Eli Manning goes, he didn't want to go to San Diego because he knew he couldn't win there. Rivers took on the challenge. Eli didn't. That should speak volumes.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

Antonio Gates was Fn robbed!!.

On a positive note I'm in Vegas and bumped into Shawn Merriman and told him I'm pumped for Harbaugh and thank you for being an ambassador for the team.

Then I bumped into Stone Smart and told him I'm ready to run through a wall for Harbaugh!..

Let's goooooo

edit: and Keenan Allen!!
                Last edited by ChargingBolts; 02-10-2024, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X