Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Not Just Me, Right?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's Not Just Me, Right?

    Trent Green HATES the Chargers. Not sure if it is because he got cut early in his career or because Harrison wiped out his year and Warner won the Super Bowl, but he cannot hide his disdain for the Bolts. All though the game, I picked up on slights and digs. Then at the end, he made a point to say the Colts should have got the ball, too.

    Please, don't need to hear him in the booth for any more Charger games.

    TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

  • #2
    Did the whole overtime/sudden death system change because Colts/Manning lost?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Trent Green HATES the Chargers. Not sure if it is because he got cut early in his career or because Harrison wiped out his year and Warner won the Super Bowl, but he cannot hide his disdain for the Bolts. All though the game, I picked up on slights and digs. Then at the end, he made a point to say the Colts should have got the ball, too.

      Please, don't need to hear him in the booth for any more Charger games.

      TG
      He actually said the Colts should have gotten the ball too when we scored a td, wow !

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Trent Green HATES the Chargers. Not sure if it is because he got cut early in his career or because Harrison wiped out his year and Warner won the Super Bowl, but he cannot hide his disdain for the Bolts. All though the game, I picked up on slights and digs. Then at the end, he made a point to say the Colts should have got the ball, too.

        Please, don't need to hear him in the booth for any more Charger games.

        TG
        I used to think the same thing when Dan Fouts was announcing games.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

          I used to think the same thing when Dan Fouts was announcing games.
          I think Dan tries too hard to not seem like a legendary Charger...but sometimes he seems pretty high on them too, so it balances out. Overall, he can be kind of annoying for any fan of a team that isn't doing well...he can be downright "Collinsworth" like at times...
          Adopted Bolt

          Easton Stick QB

          What a boon it would be if this kid develops into a starting QB in three or four years....

          Comment


          • #6
            IMO he's still bitter about Rodney.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

              I think Dan tries too hard to not seem like a legendary Charger...but sometimes he seems pretty high on them too, so it balances out. Overall, he can be kind of annoying for any fan of a team that isn't doing well...he can be downright "Collinsworth" like at times...
              I think that's Dan's thing. its not that he hates them - he wants to prove himself an impartial professional broadcaster - he bends too far to not appear biased to Chargers. just a guess ...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

                I think that's Dan's thing. its not that he hates them - he wants to prove himself an impartial professional broadcaster - he bends too far to not appear biased to Chargers. just a guess ...
                I like Dan's calling of games. He says it like it is. If he's critical of a players play...he says so. I don't see how that's being biased for or against.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Caslon View Post

                  I like Dan's calling of games. He says it like it is. If he's critical of a players play...he says so. I don't see how that's being biased for or against.
                  I thought he was more balanced more recently. It was his early commentary days when i sensed a "no, really, i'm not a charger homer" over-bending the most. as far as color commentators go, he's better than avg imo - but thats really just personal taste.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    IMO he's still bitter about Rodney.
                    I always wonder if Kurt Warner ever thanked Rodney Harrison for injuring Trent Green and he becoming the starter and of course the rest is history because we all seen what was to become of the Rams that season.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X