• Send PM

Hard Knocks

Hashtag thepowderblues
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not a fan.

But it would be interesting to see how exposure to Philip Rivers off-the-field might change national opinions of him. Assuming he is with the club in '14, of course.

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

That was my first thought was the Rivers would have the most to gain (or lose) with this. I could see them doing some footage of him away from the complex and at home with his family and all. HK is interesting now because it has become it's own focal point over the past few years, it gets talked about on virtually every major sports media outlet and gets a lot of play on some heavies like ESPN, Jim Rome, etc. I don't like the idea because teams rarely seem to do well when they are showcased but as a fan it would be fascinating to go behind the scenes of the Chargers.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

@sdutCanepa: The NFL was mighty ticked when Chargers last turned down "Hard Knocks." Show stinks. Players/coaches aren't normal when the cameras go on.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          @sdutCanepa: The NFL was mighty ticked when Chargers last turned down "Hard Knocks." Show stinks. Players/coaches aren't normal when the cameras go on.
          FUCK the NFL. How about featuring the fucking Pats. See how "ticked" they are when Belicheat does the same thing.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Was that the year the NFL forced the Chargers to play New Orleans in England because Belicheck didn't want to do it?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

I don't get HBO, so i say No...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                OIP, in your job, do you see any of the reality participants as "normal" when they have a camera on them? Just wondering...

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  OIP, in your job, do you see any of the reality participants as "normal" when they have a camera on them? Just wondering...
                  Depends on the show. Most people do act different once a camera is on them. But over long periods people forget that the cameras are even there.

I would think that if there is a question in anyone's mind that'd be a distraction then it'd be best not to do it. And I do think a good amount of football players would 'act' for the cameras
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Yes please.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

IMO, this current roster of Chargers is less likely to be 'fame whoring' than in the past in front of a TV camera. Vets like Weddle and Rivers would probably hate the camera on them constantly. It seems though that Hard Knocks focuses on the HC and the bubble players and a few key vets... the rest of the team are just extas or chorus.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        IMO, this current roster of Chargers is less likely to be 'fame whoring' than in the past in front of a TV camera. Vets like Weddle and Rivers would probably hate the camera on them constantly. It seems though that Hard Knocks focuses on the HC and the bubble players and a few key vets... the rest of the team are just extas or chorus.
                        Rivers may hate it, but the camera would love him. He would likely get 50% of the screen time just because of how much he talks on the practice field. Dude is non stop yapping.

Comment

Working...
                        X