• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

No, the window is not closed yet. A bit stuck maybe but not closed. Keep making all the bad mistakes like yesterday though and it will close.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

This will be a funny thread resurfaced when we win the superbowl this year.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        It's only week 2 and there is plenty of time to recover for Chargers. However looking at the rest of the AFC, it's pretty wild seeing how unstoppable both the Chiefs and Patriots are looking like. If we can't get it done this year is it time to say SB window is closed for the Rivers era?
        Not even close. Aside from a couple guys it is a really young team.

Comment

• Protect17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Folks your delusions that it was open even a day after Marty left has to stop .The team has never hired a coaching staff capable enough to oust the Patriots or the Broncos a few years back .The GM the coaching the Oline the DLine the LB the wide receivers have just not been good enough .Phil is the only Elite top 10 player on this team ....problem is we never surrounded him with enough protection and I'll say it the Wideout that everyone drools over KA is way overrated by this fan base he's a nice slot receiver who has little separation .Mike Williams is a very good choice by telescope though .The Defense is soft up the gut and we don't blitz our best Defensive players enough .The window never even cracked and would need a pry bar now with the amount of suck up and down this organiżation .I would sell the team if I'm Spanos he's not capable of bringing a Super Bowl to this much deserved fan base who in my opinion have suffered for far far too long .The fans make excuses now for the huge holes on this team on the gameplans we become overly critical of officials and some ghost agenda against this team .Truth is this " The Chargers are a top 15 team this year " there is no hope of a Super Bowl and most of us knew it the minute they retained whiz and The corpse that is our Defense coach .Teams traded for Oline teams fired bad coaches teams are better managed than this Team .I hope Spanos sells some day soon but it won't be soon enough for Phil and what should have been a multiple Super Bowl champion career .

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
            Folks your delusions that it was open even a day after Marty left has to stop .The team has never hired a coaching staff capable enough to oust the Patriots or the Broncos a few years back .The GM the coaching the Oline the DLine the LB the wide receivers have just not been good enough .Phil is the only Elite top 10 player on this team ....problem is we never surrounded him with enough protection and I'll say it the Wideout that everyone drools over KA is way overrated by this fan base he's a nice slot receiver who has little separation .Mike Williams is a very good choice by telescope though .The Defense is soft up the gut and we don't blitz our best Defensive players enough .The window never even cracked and would need a pry bar now with the amount of suck up and down this organiżation .I would sell the team if I'm Spanos he's not capable of bringing a Super Bowl to this much deserved fan base who in my opinion have suffered for far far too long .The fans make excuses now for the huge holes on this team on the gameplans we become overly critical of officials and some ghost agenda against this team .Truth is this " The Chargers are a top 15 team this year " there is no hope of a Super Bowl and most of us knew it the minute they retained whiz and The corpse that is our Defense coach .Teams traded for Oline teams fired bad coaches teams are better managed than this Team .I hope Spanos sells some day soon but it won't be soon enough for Phil and what should have been a multiple Super Bowl champion career .
            complete crap IMO. MARTY is the worst playoff coach of all time. u lost me with the first sentence.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

What has me so dejected is that even if we get as good as we were last season or maybe a little better the Pats and Chiefs look unbeatable. So we could end up being a powerhouse 14-2 team if healthy and still not win, the football gods have no love for the Chargers.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                What has me so dejected is that even if we get as good as we were last season or maybe a little better the Pats and Chiefs look unbeatable. So we could end up being a powerhouse 14-2 team if healthy and still not win, the football gods have no love for the Chargers.
                ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

1) we beat kc in kc last year.
                2) lets see who is playing their best late and is healthy. Championships are not won for looking great in mid September.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Reality when the season started we were viewed as Super Bowl team and that was viewed that way nationally.

Injuries Okung, James, Perryman, Davis, and now Phillips, injuries are a part of the game but when you get hit this hard you have to play discipline ball and limit turnovers. The schedule is very favorable over the next 6 games we at worse need to be at least 6-2 midway if not better, 2nd half of the season KC twice, Faiders twice, Green Bay, Minnesota, Donkies, and Jacksonville. I think James will make a difference when he comes back, I am hoping Adderly gets to start now I think this guy will develope quickly each game and be ready for the second half of a playoff run. We need to get HEALTHY and play discipline ball, I know that is every teams main thing play discipline but if you see how we miss tackles, drop balls receptions and INT's, and fumbles at the goal line that isn't going to work. Potential for a run is there but very, very little room for error, we have to catch KC and over take them and the Playoffs goes through the Patriots before you can get to a Super Bowl.

Championships aren't won in September, but giving away games can cost you the division in December, or worse cause you to fringe wild-card team

Comment

• Tol
                    From Accounting
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Carlsbad
                    • Send PM

The biggest differences from last year:
                    We don't have Tyrell Williams anymore.
                    Our O-line was better because Okung.
                    Derwin James was killing it.

We won a lot of close games.
                    So far this season 1-1.
                    Was hoping for a 12-4 season again.
                    Until we get starters back, 8-8 more likely.
                    Might get swept by NFC North.
                    This loss to the Lions has popped the hype balloon.

Comment

• Protect17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

If we get Jalen Ramsey I reserve the right to retract all previous bitchy posts .

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Very discouraging start to the season. Injuries, poor play, mental mistakes, beat up already. Can't really think Super Bowl at this point. Lots of season left tho.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                          The biggest differences from last year:
                          We don't have Tyrell Williams anymore.
                          Our O-line was better because Okung.
                          Derwin James was killing it.

We won a lot of close games.
                          So far this season 1-1.
                          Was hoping for a 12-4 season again.
                          Until we get starters back, 8-8 more likely.
                          Might get swept by NFC North.
                          This loss to the Lions has popped the hype balloon.
                          Derwin is really the guy we miss the most.

Comment

Working...
                          X