• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Twitter reports claim Jalen Ramsey has cleaned out his locker in Jax. IMO, I think he goes to the Chiefs first, Seahawks second.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Twitter reports claim Jalen Ramsey has cleaned out his locker in Jax. IMO, I think he goes to the Chiefs first, Seahawks second.
      Sure hope it isn't the Chiefs but won't be surprised if it is.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...this bothers me just like the MG3 holdout bothers me...these players nowadays sign contracts, then wimp out...
        That's what been happening in the NBA for years now.

Just wait till there is a LeBron in the NFL aka someone who pulls the strings from the back and convince players to demand trades.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Rivers is currently in the final season of his current four-year, $83.25 million contract, which pays him a base salary of $11 million in 2019. ...

Did u mean paycut? Or discount? Because even middling Qbs are getting 30mm plus now.
          I meant discount via pay cut on his next contract as obviously he's capable of getting that $30M/yr you said.

He's made a lot of money but has no rings and it has be eating him up that Brees, Ben and Eli all have rings while he doesn't. He needs to take Tom Brady style discount on his next contract (and yes I know Tom has the luxury of his wife making more $ than him which Rivers doesn't) for this team to sign some real playmakers and take the next step imo.

- 69-74 record
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Btw even though as mentioned earlier, I support trading for Ramsey, I do not support trading two 1st rd picks for him. He's isn't a player that's in the Khalil Mack tier of elite players so one 1st rd pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th is about what I would offer.

And I have a strong feeling that Jags will end up trading him for less than 2 first round picks because I don't see any other team offering him that much.

That said, I actually would offer more for Trent Williams from the Redskins than I would for Ramsey due to Williams playing a position that's more in demand.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
              Btw even though as mentioned earlier, I support trading for Ramsey, I do not support trading two 1st rd picks for him. He's isn't a player that's in the Khalil Mack tier of elite players so one 1st rd pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th is about what I would offer.

And I have a strong feeling that Jags will end up trading him for less than 2 first round picks because I don't see any other team offering him that much.

That said, I actually would offer more for Trent Williams from the Redskins than I would for Ramsey due to Williams playing a position that's more in demand.
              Yes but T. Williams is like Gordon in the fact he is a 12-13 game player because he is hurt and probably part why Gordon isn't getting the offers he wants.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Id say a 1st but not much after that....5-7 pick maybe in following years draft. Losing a DB already gives some concern. I think he would strengthrn our db core but at this point its the inside DL and the OL tackles are where really have greater need.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Probably go to a team with a QB on a rookie contract. Really hard to fit elite players on rosters with QBs on max contracts. Rivers will most likely get 30M a year for a couple years. You have Bosa and Ramsey? Both maxed out with Rivers? They could hold out next year. I think the trade would have to involve Hayward. Hayward/Gordon and a 1st.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Probably go to a team with a QB on a rookie contract. Really hard to fit elite players on rosters with QBs on max contracts. Rivers will most likely get 30M a year for a couple years. You have Bosa and Ramsey? Both maxed out with Rivers? They could hold out next year. I think the trade would have to involve Hayward. Hayward/Gordon and a 1st.
                    We can't trade a cb for a cb. That doesn't really help with our depth at the position. I don't think the Chargers are in the mix. Trade for a guy who already slammed Bradley's system? A disgruntled guy who showed up in a brinks truck. That's not the type of guy the Chargers want.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We can't trade a cb for a cb. That doesn't really help with our depth at the position. I don't think the Chargers are in the mix. Trade for a guy who already slammed Bradley's system? A disgruntled guy who showed up in a brinks truck. That's not the type of guy the Chargers want.
                      Yeah i dont think its going to happen. And i was mainly referring to Haywards money. He is set to make quite a bit next year. Im not sure we keep him to be honest. Hes 30 years old and set to make 22M over the next 2 years. His dead money hit next year may keep him rostered. I could see us drafting a CB for our Hayward exit plan. The dead money really doesnt look good until 2021. So imo this makes him a decent trade candidate if we are looking to upgrade him. Bring in Ramsey and use Haywards salary towards his long term contract. Get Davis healthy. Draft OT in the 1st and CB is set long term.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                        Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Palm Springs
                        • I know nothing
                        • Send PM

Wasn't Seattle's defense based on great safety play and ok corner play when they were great? This is still a team based game. Depending on one great player is risky when injuries happen so often.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

I just read than Khan is talking about making Ramsey the highest paid corner as fast as he can. Betcha he stays then.

Comment

Working...
                          X