Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Local North County Knowledge Needed

I am headed back west for a few days for a reunion. I will be in the Carlsbad area and need some help. First of all is gear. Who sells Chargers, Pads and maybe Aztec gear on the cheap in the North County. I have wheels so driving a few is not a problem. I just want to be able to find a decent selection and cheap(er) prices if possible. It has to beat ordering from the Chargers store. Next is where to watch the Bears game on Sunday, again in Carlsbad. I'll Lyft to that one so I can enjoy adult beverages. I am a beer man if anyone knows of a great brew pub sports bar up there.

Last but not least......food........I moved from the mexican food nirvana to Georgia. There is very little good mexican in Atlanta. Help a soul starved brother out. Where is the nearest Roberto's? Any secret spots I need to hit? Feed me.......

Gracias amigos.........
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

For a cheap Chargers jersey, you should probably visit the nearest thrift shop... I hear they have a surplus of Chargers gear. No idea where to catch a Bears game... F those guys!

You can find Robertos everywhere. But looks like there's one on the 101 in South Carlsbad.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      For a cheap Chargers jersey, you should probably visit the nearest thrift shop... I hear they have a surplus of Chargers gear. No idea where to catch a Bears game... F those guys!

You can find Robertos everywhere. But looks like there's one on the 101 in South Carlsbad.
      Ummmmm.....WE are playing the Bears that game........in Chicago.........

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Ummmmm.....WE are playing the Bears that game........in Chicago.........
        Ummmmm... then you might want to include the date of your visit... or even call it the "Chargers" game. LOL!

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Fanatics just opened in the Carlsbad Outlet. I know they have a lot of different hats. Had one jersey. But they are getting a bunch of Charger stuff soon. Still stocking their store. There is no Charger boycott there.

The Taco Stand in Encinitas. Highway 101. Lourdes in Cardiff for ceviche tostadas. Georges Mexitessan for Texcoco Chicken Soup.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I am headed back west for a few days for a reunion. I will be in the Carlsbad area and need some help. First of all is gear. Who sells Chargers, Pads and maybe Aztec gear on the cheap in the North County. I have wheels so driving a few is not a problem. I just want to be able to find a decent selection and cheap(er) prices if possible. It has to beat ordering from the Chargers store. Next is where to watch the Bears game on Sunday, again in Carlsbad. I'll Lyft to that one so I can enjoy adult beverages. I am a beer man if anyone knows of a great brew pub sports bar up there.

Last but not least......food........I moved from the mexican food nirvana to Georgia. There is very little good mexican in Atlanta. Help a soul starved brother out. Where is the nearest Roberto's? Any secret spots I need to hit? Feed me.......

Gracias amigos.........
            I think Google can answer all of those questions but cheap will always be Walmart for T-shirts, etc but not for jerseys if you want those.

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Send PM

Google can tell me where mexican food is, but it looks like Fleet is dialing up a couple of hot spots. Ceviche tostadas? FUCK YES!!!

Thanks everyone. Keep it coming.......

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Google can tell me where mexican food is, but it looks like Fleet is dialing up a couple of hot spots. Ceviche tostadas? FUCK YES!!!

Thanks everyone. Keep it coming.......
                El Indio is another awesome Mexican food spot if you won't be on the coast for those others.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                X