Destroying the Donks GDT - winning streak continues (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

The only positive from this game is I won $50 in large part due to Sutton and Lindsay giving me the pts in daily fantasy that I figured the Chargers D will give up.

Too bad Flacco sucks otherwise Sutton should've had more and I would have had a chance at $300.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Life after Rivers will happen within the next few years so we'll find out fairly soon. There are so many misses at QB all over the league that is just scares me that we go back to the wasteland at QB we had before Brees and Rivers.
      So your idea is to accept mediocrity with no chance at ever winning a superbowl instead of taking a chance on focusing the team around drafting or pursuing someone that may give us that chance simply because this is hard to do?

Let's not forget that the entire point of us watching this team is to win the superbowl. After 15 plus years of this merry go around, you still don't think it's time for a change? I can guarantee you Mahomes would have given us a higher chance of success even with this crappy oline. At the very least he is much more mobile.

We've got a statue back there now that only amplifies our piss poor oline.

Any time Rivers is criticized you're the first one to jump in as his board savior. At what point of failure is it enough for you to stop?

At this point I'd rather be 1-15 for a season with the potential to acquire someone that may one day have what it takes to get us a Superbowl than to continue on with this washed up treadmill of a team.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

PR will never win us a Super Bowl but he can certainly be a QB on a Super Bowl winning team.
        Unfortunately, the rest of our team isn't Super Bowl caliber. It was( the LT , Lights Out days) but we wasted those years with Norv at the helm, trying to become a pass first team.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

The Defense gave up 350 total yards. In this day & age of football, that's not terrible.

The Offense, on the other hand, in the same day & age of football, managed less than 250... Only 35 on the ground... That is atrocious.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

So your idea is to accept mediocrity with no chance at ever winning a superbowl instead of taking a chance on focusing the team around drafting or pursuing someone that may give us that chance simply because this is hard to do?

Let's not forget that the entire point of us watching this team is to win the superbowl. After 15 plus years of this merry go around, you still don't think it's time for a change? I can guarantee you Mahomes would have given us a higher chance of success even with this crappy oline. At the very least he is much more mobile.

We've got a statue back there now that only amplifies our piss poor oline.

Any time Rivers is criticized you're the first one to jump in as his board savior. At what point of failure is it enough for you to stop?

At this point I'd rather be 1-15 for a season with the potential to acquire someone that may one day have what it takes to get us a Superbowl than to continue on with this washed up treadmill of a team.
            I'm not sure what you are talking about. I made a comment that a lot of teams miss on QBs and soon we will be drafting Rivers replacement (unless you think Taylor or Stick are the QBs to lead us to the Super Bowl). Who knows if we end up with the next Mahomes or the next Rosen.

Rivers isn't a perfect QB by any stretch. He seems to have a game or two like this every year and can try too much to force a pass in desperation time. But I do think some of the criticism is pretty misguided. He covers up a LOT of flaws in our line and when we have a beat up receiving corp. He is continues to be a top 10 QB in the league.

We all know he isn't mobile and that can hurt at times and is magnified when our line is beat up. But Brady may be even slower than Rivers and that hasn't stopped him so mobility is useless if a QB can't pass. Rivers is easily good enough to win a Super Bowl. We could end up dearly missing him.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Chargers snap counts vs. Broncos

(OFF): Scott 70, Tevi 70, Schofield 70, Rivers 70, Allen 69, Williams 62, Green 54, Feeney 54, Ekeler 46, Lamp 45, Pouncey 42, Benjamin 40, Gordon 32, Kendricks 19, Patton 16, Watt 8, Davis 1, Quessenberry 1, Taylor 1.

(DEF): Teamer 61, M. Davis 61, Jenkins 61, Hayward 61, Nwosu 57, Bosa 55, Jones 48, T. Davis 40, Mebane 34, White 34, Perryman 32, King 27, Tranquill 20, Rochell 20, Brown 17, Square 15, Tillery 14, Watkins 12, Egbule 1.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Agreed^^^^^

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

What bothers me is who we have evaluating q.b. talent when we finally have to pick Rivers successor.Now that is some scary shit.Didnt Tommy John seriously consider trading for Rosen?We may have even darker days ahead guys.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

"Sorry for watching that damn game. We play like that we won't beat anybody," Lynn said, via the L.A. Times. "That team came here more desperate for a win ... It was disappointing."
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      What bothers me is who we have evaluating q.b. talent when we finally have to pick Rivers successor.Now that is some scary shit.Didnt Tommy John seriously consider trading for Rosen?We may have even darker days ahead guys.
                      Don't think so. Media speculation but many here thought it was a good idea. I was not among them.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

1.png
                        2.png
                        3.png
                        At the time of the fumble, it looked to me like the dude lowered his head to lead with his helmet on that helmet-to-helmet hit.
                        But maybe that's just my take on it, as I never heard any mention of it by the announcers or anything.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Had he not fumbled, he still would have been short. On that fumble at the goal line in the earlier game, stupid Whiz went to the well once too often using the exact same up and over play he scored on.

Ekeler fumbling twice inside the 2 is not a stat that should take anything away from him. It was stupid predictable coaching. That's what Whiz has become, stupid and predictable.

Anyone else besides me think the Chargers looked as if they were playing a pre-season game?
                          Last edited by Caslon; 10-07-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X