• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

No Effort

These players are showing zero effort. Video evidence does not lie. I dont want them on my team. time to cut/trade/bench and bring in some hungry undrafted players that WANT to play in NFL.

1st- Travis Benjamin WR #12

2nd- Trent Scott LT #78

3rd - Michael Schofield RG #75

4th - Sam Tevi RT #69

5th - Jatavis Brown LB #57

I can understand a guy giving his all and is just not fast enough to get there, but these guys are not that.

If anyone watched Hard Knocks there was an episode where Jon Gruden says to his assistant "lets cut these guys that dont wanna be here and get some guys in here that wanna play".

The time is NOW Anthony Lynn. There is no excuse for zero effort.
  • Silversurfer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Los Angeles
    • Send PM

The Travis Benjamin one is disgusting. I know for a fact there are wr's on this roster that can contribute more than he can, time to cut ties with him.
    Last edited by Silversurfer; 10-16-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Tweeted

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Trav Ben looks defeated. Looks to me like he has lost his desire to play. It happens. When I saw a post or a headline that said "Benjamin quit!" I thought at first he had retired after the game. I'll be surprised if he is still in the league next season. Not to :deadhorse: but the offense really does miss Ty Will right now. He was the only other WR on the roster who can stretch the field like Trav Ben, make the defense fear the deep ball.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

This can't be.

I read on this very message board that Rivers has adequate protection and he needs to be replaced.

Am I going to believe my fellow board members or my lying eyes ?

BTW, there was a jailbreak on the first Rivers turnover.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Travis Benjamin has made two big plays his entire stay here, One was a few years ago when he made that hand gesture behind his back at the line of scrimmage and caught a bomb for a TD. The other was that crucial catch last year that helped the Chargers upset the Steelers. Other than that, not much else. He's been a total dud this season.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              These players are showing zero effort. Video evidence does not lie. I dont want them on my team. time to cut/trade/bench and bring in some hungry undrafted players that WANT to play in NFL.

1st- Travis Benjamin WR #12

2nd- Trent Scott LT #78

3rd - Michael Schofield RG #75

4th - Sam Tevi RT #69

5th - Jatavis Brown LB #57

I can understand a guy giving his all and is just not fast enough to get there, but these guys are not that.

If anyone watched Hard Knocks there was an episode where Jon Gruden says to his assistant "lets cut these guys that dont wanna be here and get some guys in here that wanna play".

The time is NOW Anthony Lynn. There is no excuse for zero effort.
              Yep...as I said in another thread, time for a semi-major overhaul...Scott may be worth keeping as a backup...Tevi is just awful at pass pro...gets beat repeatedly...Scho kind of flies under radar--consistently mediocre...the worst are "Butterfingers" Benji and "Bouncewhiffy" Brown...done with both of them...

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Never have I been impressed with Benji. Waste of cap space.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                  Never have I been impressed with Benji. Waste of cap space.
                  Small hands.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    Travis Benjamin has made two big plays his entire stay here, One was a few years ago when he made that hand gesture behind his back at the line of scrimmage and caught a bomb for a TD. The other was that crucial catch last year that helped the Chargers upset the Steelers. Other than that, not much else. He's been a total dud this season.
                    You forgot about one of his contributions ... I couldn't stand Benji his whole career here ... until ... the crucial 4th down catch at KC last year that basically saved us for the win ... I totally forgave him and thought maybe he just needs some passes his way ... now this year I see him for what he is ... thanks for the 4th down catch last year, one of my favorite wins ever but now he is dead to me again

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

that's basically the whole line! and what about mg not going after the ball after that backwards pass? it was a TERRIBLE throw by rivers and he deserves shit for it but mg just laid there like a dead fish whore? can I say that? sorry delete if necessary.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                        that's basically the whole line! and what about mg not going after the ball after that backwards pass? it was a TERRIBLE throw by rivers and he deserves shit for it but mg just laid there like a dead fish whore? can I say that? sorry delete if necessary.
                        It was Rivers duty to lob the ball forward of Gordon whether Gordon caught it or not. It was Gordon's duty to get up field more and not swing out so far behind the line of scrimmage. It was a baaad play from both of them. Just another example of how this team is regressing.

Comment

Working...
                        X