• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    Here, Jatavis fails to wrap up and lets Connor muscle forward for a first down. Well, on the bright side, at least Brown didn't TOTALLY launchwhiff...

image.png
    This is just poor tackling fundamentals. Jatavis needs to wrap up lower. He's wrapping up too high allowing Connor to power out of the tackle. If he wraps up lower, Connor can't get away and falls forward, possibly falling short of the 1st down.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...4&d=1571255483

If 48 was unblocked - the play likely was supposed to go outside anyway. The RT looks to be down blocking so makes sense?

This pic doesn't tell the story. You can't pin the blame on Gordon. The RG and TE can't keep one guy from blowing up the play.

I am going to have to put the majority of the blame on Gordon I see what you are saying about blocking, but this is Gordon's limitation as a player he doesn't have good vision and he doesn't have quick feet. Gordon has two options which would off resulted in positive yardage one is follow the yellow arrow and he gets at least positive 2 or 3 yards the other thing which is typical Gordon is ride up the back of the two blocker double teaming on that block and maybe get one or two yards. Eckler I believe would get 3 or 4 yards with his quickness following the yellow arrow, JJ gets 4 or more with his quickness, vision and elusiveness. Gordon is at his best when he has a big hole and builds up speed.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

On that second pick Rivers threw, the pass pro is actually not all that bad:

But his pass was way off...either a bad overthrow by PR, or he misread the D, or Mike Will ran the wrong route...

Comment

• IA chargers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

And, here's Brown in classic form, though it wasn't a total launchwhiff....he DID get a piece of Connor, so, as one poster coined it, put it down as a "BOUNCEWHIFF"...oh, and yes, this play went for a TD...

image.png
          And this is when I turned it off and got on with my life.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I don't know what the hell happen to Jatavis Brown but this guy has regressed BIG TIME from what seem like a promising player in his rookie year. No more Brown, we never had good luck with any Brown, from Vincent Brown, Donald Brown to Jatavis Brown and guys no more hinting or playing about Antonio Brown being available I am all Browned out!

Comment

• Midwestbolt
              • Feb 2019
              • Midwest
              • Local 150 operating engineer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I am going to have to put the majority of the blame on Gordon I see what you are saying about blocking, but this is Gordon's limitation as a player he doesn't have good vision and he doesn't have quick feet. Gordon has two options which would off resulted in positive yardage one is follow the yellow arrow and he gets at least positive 2 or 3 yards the other thing which is typical Gordon is ride up the back of the two blocker double teaming on that block and maybe get one or two yards. Eckler I believe would get 3 or 4 yards with his quickness following the yellow arrow, JJ gets 4 or more with his quickness, vision and elusiveness. Gordon is at his best when he has a big hole and builds up speed.
              Watch the play. a picture with arrows on it aint quite the same. The play got blown up I think.

Unless the unblocked man was a missed assignment, the play was (maybe? My guess.) supposed to hit hard the spot vacated by the RT blocking down. RG steps around to lead block while the TE runs his guy out. Idk terminology, but that's what it looks like to me.

MG couldn't do that because the defensive player was right there as soon as he got the hand off. Had to hesitate - and the play was doomed. Could he have got to the outside? Idk. Maybe Eck would get to the outside. definately easier to second guess in hindsight than real time at full speed.
              Last edited by Midwestbolt; 10-17-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Every times PR will be 8 out of 20 with MW, KA and TB, the Chargers will lose.
                Why HH had 8 catches on 9 targets meanwhile ?
                When you have no running game, the wrs must catch the ball.
                Phil had a 77,8 QBrate against PIT, it's not enough ...

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Nice Topcat. I liked the pictures.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Dreadful loss...okay, roll the ugliness...

Gordon up the gut for nada. Here's where MG3's vision is so poor...#48, Dupree is coming up fast, but Gordie runs right into his arms (red arrow) for a TFL...I'm thinking if JJ gets the rock in this case, he cuts outside (yellow route) for a big gainer...

image.png
                    A prominent O-line coach once said If you can't ketchup the middle, you mustard down the edge. We clearly don't have that coach on staff. Gordon should've taken the mustard route.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

It’s incredible to me how even after the Patriots shitted on the Chargers defense in the playoffs, Gus Bradley still doesn’t know how to stop dump offs and short passes.

I honestly think the Chargers coordinator combo of Whisenhunt and Bradley is the worst combo the Chargers have had in franchise history. Can anyone argue otherwise with actual examples of other coordinator combos who did worse with as much talent.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

That pass by Rivers tipped for a pick here...

image.png
                        Is that Feeney?
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                          It’s incredible to me how even after the Patriots shitted on the Chargers defense in the playoffs, Gus Bradley still doesn’t know how to stop dump offs and short passes.

I honestly think the Chargers coordinator combo of Whisenhunt and Bradley is the worst combo the Chargers have had in franchise history. Can anyone argue otherwise with actual examples of other coordinator combos who did worse with as much talent.
                          It does seem that way. Coordinators who never want to change, but rather just try to execute a losing gameplan better. Add to that loyal Lynn and personnel never changes unless it's due to injury on top of that.

I can understand Bradley and Whiz being constant at this point in their careers. Not surprising. However for a fairly new head coach in the league, Lynn sure seems to be set in his ways and is not lighting a fire under anyone or holding them accountable to this point. It's time for him to stop being so nice/loyal.

Force people to change or take the reigns from them and hand them to someone else. Lynn not being an x's and o's guy doesn't help the situation either.
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X