• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not Giving Up On Season

Ok...here it goes..i am half way through a sports grand slam for this year. In both previous wins, my team looked done and came back to win it all.

Raptors: injured all year and then went down 0-2 to Milw and were written off by everyone.

Liverpool: lost 3-0 in Barca in the Champions League and came back to win 4-0 at home and go on to capture the title.

Next up: the CHARGERS. Do things look bad? Yes. BUT....we are only 1 game back in the loss column in our division. As such, i just placed a nice bet at 12-1 minutes after Mahomes went down for.us to win the AFC WEST. I also put down a sprinkle at 50:1 to win the SB.

Am i wearing rose coloured glasses and being a huge optimist? You GODDAMN RIGHT I AM!!!!

The final leg involves the Maple Leafs in the Nhl. That is a whole nother topic.....first thing is first. GO BOLTS!
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

That’s how to support your team! I love it. Naysaying is easy. It’s getting tough in the face of adversity that separates the fans.

And oh yeah. More mojo to your family friend.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
      That’s how to support your team! I love it. Naysaying is easy. It’s getting tough in the face of adversity that separates the fans.

And oh yeah. More mojo to your family friend.
      I also backed it up with $. Bet the bolts to win the division at 12:1 when Mahomes got hurt. A sprinkle on SB at 50:1 too. Also have preseason SB matchup bets with SF, GB, and Philly. a ad/sf SB and we win would be awesone. My brother that passed 2 yrs ago fav team was SF.

lets continue to get healthier and see what happens.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I'm totally with you, Panamamike. The season is not lost. I've seen the Chargers turn it around after bad starts before. Bad starts are in the team's DNA. The only team in history to start 0-4 and make the playoffs. The 11-game win streak after starting 2-3 in 2009.

Canadians don't give up. They didn't give up after Dieppe. They came back and kicked the Nazis out of Dieppe later in the war. We need some of that attitude in this forum.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Plenty of threads talking about this, no need to start a new one... just post a reply in one of them.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Yeah i have been calling out fans on twitter. lol Ive seen so many say they are done with this team. Bunch of pussies. Win or lose you dont ever stop being a diehard. Seriously if you are here and now dont support this team? Just leave. Because ill rip you a new one. I dont need massive quantities of members. I dont care about traffic. Im not here for stats. Im here for diehards.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Things have gotten very interesting with Mahones going down so there is some hope, but let's hope the lost to crappy Denver and Pittsburg and there 3rd string QB doesn't come back to haunt us. Getting Okung back hopefully Derwin soon will help both sides of the ball.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                Ok...here it goes..i am half way through a sports grand slam for this year. In both previous wins, my team looked done and came back to win it all.

Raptors: injured all year and then went down 0-2 to Milw and were written off by everyone.

Liverpool: lost 3-0 in Barca in the Champions League and came back to win 4-0 at home and go on to capture the title.

Next up: the CHARGERS. Do things look bad? Yes. BUT....we are only 1 game back in the loss column in our division. As such, i just placed a nice bet at 12-1 minutes after Mahomes went down for.us to win the AFC WEST. I also put down a sprinkle at 50:1 to win the SB.

Am i wearing rose coloured glasses and being a huge optimist? You GODDAMN RIGHT I AM!!!!

The final leg involves the Maple Leafs in the Nhl. That is a whole nother topic.....first thing is first. GO BOLTS!
                Agree its never over, especially with MyHommie and his injury. The only time I will relinquish hope is when we are mathematically eliminated.

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Haven't given up on the season yet. Even if\when it is done I will still watch when I can. Always see every year to the end.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Great post Mike, you got me pumped!
                    let’s do this.
                    GO BOLTS!!
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Same page. Also reserve the right to bitch about all the crappy play along the way, lol.

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

We don't even need to take division, just get is in and be healthy. If all our guys come back we got enough talent to take on anyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X