• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Friday Prediction Thread

I have no idea what will happen on Sunday, but I predict a win... just for mojo.
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

I predict a loss. This should reverse the trend as lately when I have been predicting a win, we lose. Going for the opposite effect.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

24-14 LAC.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Chargers snap out of their funk and while the Titan defense does give us some issues, we beat them 20-13.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

If I go with what I truly believe, I believe the Bolts are 7-10 points better. So I'll go with 20-13.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

I felt we would struggle against the Broncos at home and even predicted the loss in that week's FPT (sorry). Last week, I did not make a prediction but had a really bad feeling about that game. I was not surprised we lost, I was surprised by how bad we were but sort of expected to lose. I knew the stadium would be full of Pitt fans (although not that many!) and there is something with physical running teams we always struggle with.

That said...I have a good feeling about this one this week. I think the best thing for us is to get out on the road and play against a team with an indifferent fan base as well. I think the Bolts were humiliated at home and are likely ready to roll with any bit of pride they may have left. I realize the Titans are on the ropes too and were humiliated last week as well. I also realize that they are physical running team and we struggle there but something tells me we will man up and punch back this week. Two wounded teams with a season on the line and I just think we have the better overall roster and of course QB.

Chargers 27
            Titans 13
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              I felt we would struggle against the Broncos at home and even predicted the loss in that week's FPT (sorry). Last week, I did not make a prediction but had a really bad feeling about that game. I was not surprised we lost, I was surprised by how bad we were but sort of expected to lose. I knew the stadium would be full of Pitt fans (although not that many!) and there is something with physical running teams we always struggle with.

That said...I have a good feeling about this one this week. I think the best thing for us is to get out on the road and play against a team with an indifferent fan base as well. I think the Bolts were humiliated at home and are likely ready to roll with any bit of pride they may have left. I realize the Titans are on the ropes too and were humiliated last week as well. I also realize that they are physical running team and we struggle there but something tells me we will man up and punch back this week. Two wounded teams with a season on the line and I just think we have the better overall roster and of course QB.

Chargers 27
              Titans 13
              I do feel the same way about the '' getting away from LA '' at least. Last year we were road warriors. I think the LA soccer stadium is just toxic for this team at this point. They need to get away from it for a while.

I don't know if we will win but at least we won't have to deal with our home stadium being overrun.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Bolts 3
                Titans 2

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Key to the game is to contain Derrick Henry, which may be a tall order we are hurting up the middle no Mebane, no Justin Jones, Tillery will need to play like a 1st rounder. Taneyhill best recieving options are Lewis out the back field, and Delanie Walker so key is to stop Henry.

Low scoring game Chargers 17-14

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                    Key to the game is to contain Derrick Henry, which may be a tall order we are hurting up the middle no Mebane, no Justin Jones, Tillery will need to play like a 1st rounder. Taneyhill best recieving options are Lewis out the back field, and Delanie Walker so key is to stop Henry.

Low scoring game Chargers 17-14
                    Tennessee can continue running the ball, unless the Charger O can come out of its coma. If Cameron Wake has anything left in the tank, its a loss.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Chargers have been beaten decisively at home the last 3 weeks. I don't see this coaching staff putting together anything special.

Unless Tennessee self implodes, i don't see them winning.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Chargers have been beaten decisively at home the last 3 weeks. I don't see this coaching staff putting together anything special.

Unless Tennessee self implodes, i don't see them winning.
                        Feeling the same way. Other than us being on the road, which I think is better for morale, I don't see how we are any better off than last week.

I have 0 faith in the coaches - they are as stubborn as it gets both defensively and offensively. They think the team just needs to execute the same futile plan better when we lack the personnel for it currently.

On the defensive side, I'm scared to death of what Titans can do to us on the ground with how thin we are on the interior defensive line. Square is soft and Tillery is not ready. McGill could pay some dividends potentially but he probably won't see enough reps based on how coaches run this team. Bradley will have to scheme differently but he rarely does.

Offensively sounds like we will run the same game plan. Personally I'd like to see Rivers just run a no huddle all game long at this point.
                        I really want to be positive and hope for a win, but if the guys up top aren't willing to try things differently, what hope is there?

Comment

Working...
                        X