• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I'm thinking Lynn will try and pound it and shorten the game to avoid a shootout with Teamer at one safety position, linebackers that can't cover and a beat up defensive line. My fear is we can't sustain any drives and fall behind by double digits early and then things are a mess. Again.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Anybody ever see or hear of Steichen calling plays? Me either. So good luck to defensive coordinators having a tendency book on him. Let’s see some unpredictability.

at times I felt like the D was in the huddle with Rivers. They always seemed to have the perfect D called for whatever we were running. 8 men in the box? Yep, we’re running up the middle.

and the pass routes were horrible. They never seemed to spread the field out. Too mant times there would be 3 receivers within 10 yards of each other. Or every receiver would run their route to the exact same depth.
      Spread things out for heavens sake.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Quarterbacks coach Shane Steichen
        May 11, 1985 (age 34)
        Sacramento, California
        El Dorado Hills (CA) Oak Ridge
        UNLV
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

By the way, two thumbs up to Lynn. Something had to be done. And this O has been getting killed. Time for some fresh approaches to the game. I’ll watch Sundays game with a lot more enthusiasm now.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Although this was not asinine,
            in that something had to give,
            Nick Canepa is essentially right.
            The issue is really the blocking.

Scoring offense has been bad.
            Red Zone blunders by the handful have killed us. The question is, now what ? Who is our WR#3 ? How can we end the sloppiness ?

Our real problem is that Rivers and Lynn is not a good marriage. Someone has to give Rivers freedom, while keeping him balanced. And someone has to prepare us better. Our situational football is a zero.
            Last edited by wu-dai clan; 10-29-2019, 01:44 AM.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Forcing Lynn to keep Whiz was always a dumb move by Spanos. I remember how it was reported that one of the stipulations of taking the Chargers job was that the new coach would not be able to bring in their own offensive coordinator in and I always thought it was such an idiotic move. IIRC, it was one of the reasons that Kyle Shanahan had no interest in the Chargers job...otherwise who knows where we'd be right now.

All that said, this move isn't fixing any problems. This is a half assed decision, if they actually want to show their trying to improve this horrific season then they need to get rid of Gus Bradley too immediately. He should have been fired after he utilized the dumbest probably defensive strategy in the playoffs vs NE.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Sounds like Whisenhunt wanted to stick with Ekeler but Lynn forced him to give up the reigns to Gordon when he returned. Wow.
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

I get that a change needed to be made if for anything else to show the players that we are indeed looking at all options to Win now. You cannot put this completely on Wiz though. Sure, on the surface, the play calling looked predictable & unimaginative, but every play drawn up is designed to take it to the house if everyone does their job & the O-line just hasn't. You don't win with the Xs & the Os, but the Jimmy & the Joe's. Jimmy & Joe have been getting their ass kicked at the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

The Los Angeles Chargers today announced that Ken Whisenhunt has been relieved from his duties as offensive coordinator.

“This is not an easy decision and definitely not one that I take lightly,” said Head Coach Anthony Lynn. “You win as a team, and you lose as a team. It’s never about just one person. At the end of the day, however, I simply felt a change was needed at this time. I want to thank Ken for his years of service to the Chargers organization and wish him nothing but the best moving forward.”

If we some how pull off a win against the Packers Sunday,,, the Wiz dumping will be viewed as a Awesome move ,,, KC plays the Vikes I think,,, but if KC looses we will be one game out of 1st place for the AFC west crown with 7 games to go. KC plays at 1pm so the Chargers will know the outcome be4 they kick off,,, in other words,,, GET YOUR POPCORN READY,,, HERE WE GO !!!!!!
                    Last edited by Electric Chicken; 10-29-2019, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Joy Division
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I'd give Bradley a pass. There's only so much you can do when your defense is always on the field and
                      that defense has half of the original starters playing due to injuries.
                      I'm surprised the Chargers were even in games late and give or take a penalty or turnover (by the offense)
                      they could have a winning record.

It's not Gus as much as most people on here want to think it is.

Anyway... Go Bolts!

p.s. too bad can't fire the owners.

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Reading so much about "predictability" and how "unimaginative" we were. lmao.

I've literally NEVER seen an OC for the Chargers that the fanboys/BWC didn't want fired. Fans online are just gurus and that's that.

Thankfully I'm also reading saner posts about our shitty O-line and Rivers doing that Rivers thing where he throws it to the other team. Like a fucking reverse pass is going to fix our problem.

"up the middle" should be a bannable phrase.

This is a band-aid on a heart attack.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Midwest
                          • Local 150 operating engineer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                          Reading so much about "predictability" and how "unimaginative" we were. lmao.

I've literally NEVER seen an OC for the Chargers that the fanboys/BWC didn't want fired. Fans online are just gurus and that's that.

Thankfully I'm also reading saner posts about our shitty O-line and Rivers doing that Rivers thing where he throws it to the other team. Like a fucking reverse pass is going to fix our problem.

"up the middle" should be a bannable phrase.

This is a band-aid on a heart attack.
                          the head coach going all in on himself (according to his statements).

If it's more of a disaster (which is hard to imagine - but possible I guess), the bright side is we'll have a brand new coach when the bolts move into their shiny new stadium.

Break out the popcorn, should be an interesting week!
                          Last edited by Midwestbolt; 10-29-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X