• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
    My problem with the Whisenhunt offense or the Charger offense in general, is/was that it overuses Shotgun in my opinion... which I don’t expect (the playbook) to all of a sudden drastically change mid-season, even with wiz’s departure. Here’s what Kyle Shanahan said about shotgun a few years back.

At the other end of the spectrum: Under offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, Atlanta accumulated 415.8 yards per game, No. 2 in the NFL, while being in shotgun a league-low 37.5 percent of plays.

"Every time you're under center, you've got a lot more run options and a lot more play-action options and a lot more movement options off of your runs," Shanahan said. "Your play choices are endless. You can do everything. Once you get into the 'gun, certain things are like cut in half. Play-action is not as good because it happens quicker. You can't hold the ball out there for as long and stuff. It just eliminates being as balanced."
    Agree. I've been saying for years that Rivers under center is a lot less predictable than the shotgun. Any DL or LB can spot the old Bolt shotgun handoff to Gordon from a mile away...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

So your thoughts Wood.. The Tyrod Taylor plays we've run, were they on the whiz or Lynn playsheet ?
      Lynn.
      Clearly.
      ie the dude who brought
      Tyrod to LAC in the first place...

unless it was one of PRs audibles.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree. I've been saying for years that Rivers under center is a lot less predictable than the shotgun. Any DL or LB can spot the old Bolt shotgun handoff to Gordon from a mile away...
        Yes Rivers has a tell with his feet when it’s a pass vs handoff from the gun.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I was talking about the first 4 games of Lynn’s first year 2017.
          Ahhh, my bad.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Who was the moron that put in Taylor at QB on goal line plays. And took our best player out of the action.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Who was the moron that put in Taylor at QB on goal line plays. And took our best player out of the action.
              Yeah that was boneheaded.

My guess is that Lynn told Whiz to dial up some plays for Taylor and this was Whiz checking the box. I doubt Whiz' heart was ever really into the use of Taylor.

I expect to see more use of Taylor ... not sure it will work and I am sure Rivers would prefer to stay in the rhythm of the game -- and not as Wide Receiver.

One thing for sure: it will add a little more interest in the team, at least for the Packers' game. That renewed interest will stop quickly if it's business as usual on Sunday.

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

You've been saying for years to bring back Norv Turner?

Bold words

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

This is my 2 cents; if Lynn wants to run I feel that Ekeler should be the 3rd down back ala Sproles/Woodhead and JJ should be the starter rotating series with MG. I am mad at MG as well but the dude has talent as seen last year. JJ actually has more career big 10 rushing yards than MG does. I like the way he hits the hole than jukes instead of the other way around.

Am I the only one who feels this way? JJ 1a MG 1b EK 3rd down? (EK will probably see more snaps than either of them this way)

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

At least we have some fresh blood:

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

And if the running games fails, hopefully Meyer will follow Whiz out the door.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Well our first four games were @ Den, Miami, KC, Phi.

Even after Lynn supposedly backed off, in the rematch against two of the first four teams we faced, the offense not counting the punt return for a TD only scored 14 in the rematch against Denver and 13 points in the rematch against KC.
                        What happened in the other 10 games?

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Unfortunately, another way Rivers is likely still to be predictable is the taking the clock all the way down before hiking thing. Since everyone knows that is what's going to happen, the D aren't going to get fooled by a hardcount or jump too soon because they know there'll be no snap yet. This is especially true on those 4th and short tries to draw them off.

Comment

Working...
                          X