• Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Great news!!

AP will probably be back by then as well.

let’s hope the games are meaningful
    No point.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      At this point we might be better saving him for next season. If we're not going to the playoffs don't play him at all.
      He'll play. Game experience helps, even in a losing season. He's getting paid for games in the regular season, he should play if not hurt.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
        Registered Dude
        • Sep 2018
        • Westminster, MA
        • Send PM

Save hm for next year. Maybe we'll have a real team by then with some actual coaches and a legit GM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
          At this point we might be better saving him for next season. If we're not going to the playoffs don't play him at all.
          We are not going to sit healthy starters just because we are eliminated from the playoffs.

you only sit healthy starters if you are trying to make sure they are not going to get hurt before the playoffs

the very idea you propose is offensive to me and herm edwards on a core level, you play to win the game.

the one win against KC that 1-15 season was amazing. Wanted it bad.

2 wins is better than one. 5 wins is better than 4. I get you draft nerds can’t help yourselves but I am never going to root for a loss just to get a better pick. It’s a consolation prize for sucking. If you are rooting for the team to lose by literal definition you are not a fan no matter how you try and justify it to me. Well I just mean for the time you are actively rooting against them of course. I’m a fan even when eliminated from playoff contention. I wouldn’t tell a player to their face I’m a fan but I hope you lose so the team gets a better pick, the team is always working hard to win. For themselves but also for the fans. Be grateful for every win. The draft is for the off season. Intentionally losing games destroys a leagues credibility. The worst thing to happen to baseball was the Astros winning the World Series after tanking for years inspiring copy cats. This has plagued the NBA too. Tanking is a disgusting thing.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

We are not going to sit healthy starters just because we are eliminated from the playoffs.

you only sit healthy starters if you are trying to make sure they are not going to get hurt before the playoffs

the very idea you propose is offensive to me and herm edwards on a core level, you play to win the game.

2 wins is better than one. 5 wins is better than 4. I get you draft nerds can’t help yourselves but I am never going to root for a loss just to get a better pick. It’s a consolation prize for sucking. If you are rooting for the team to lose by literal definition you are not a fan no matter how you try and justify it to me. Well I just mean for the time you are actively rooting against them of course. I’m a fan even when eliminated from playoff contention. I wouldn’t tell a player to their face I’m a fan but I hope you lose so the team gets a better pick, the team is always working hard to win. For themselves but also for the fans. Be grateful for every win. The draft is for the off season. Intentionally losing games destroys a leagues credibility. The worst thing to happen to baseball was the Astros winning the World Series after tanking for years inspiring copy cats. This has plagued the NBA too. Tanking is a disgusting thing.
            We don’t have to try to tank. We just tank

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

We are not eliminated !

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We don’t have to try to tank. We just tank
                Tanking without trying. TWOT

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Very, very well said. Most players are too competitive to tank and if a team ever deteriorates to that it is filled with quitters and losers and needs to be blown up. I don't see players like that on this team so even if we lost our next 4 games, we'd fight like hell to win our last 2 games and finish 6-10 - which we should, regardless of the draft implications.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

You take zero chances playing James. Until you are good and sure bringing him back won't re-aggravate his injury, you don't even think of playing him.

I've read that the type of injury he sustained can be tricky in that respect.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

We are not eliminated !
                      We will be eliminated if we lose on monday night to a much better and better coached team...... which is very likely....

Only play him if injury is completely healed..... he has potential for a long HOF career, so no need to jeopardize that if we have zero shot at playoffs......

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

He'll play. Game experience helps, even in a losing season. He's getting paid for games in the regular season, he should play if not hurt.
                        Interesting. Are you talking about improving the oline players we have this season? Most of the receivers we have all are experienced so...I would say if we go below 8-8 we need to let him sit for a couple of games. Better to have him fresher for next season. Don't want to to put to much more mileage on the workhorse.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

What is the advantage of having James play? I think we need to evaluate players at this point, is there anybody worthy of the back up position at SS or FS that is what we need to find out, we know what James can do..Even though Jenkins leads the team in INT's I feel he can be replaced as a starter if freakin Adderly can stay healthy. Player evaulation is all these last 5 games are about.

Comment

Working...
                          X