• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Garret’s days is in Cleveland may be over after last night.
    Sounds as if his teammates weren’t really thrilled how he reacted. Might be tough for him to regain any stature in that locker room.
    Interesting to see how it plays out.
    Yeah, I'd hate to play with a guy who defends himself when an opponent tries to twist his neck smooth off.

He shouldn't have swung, but far more wrong was done by others (or at least far more stupid).

Comment

• pacstud
      Black Belt Poster
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

The NFL is all about player safety these days. The helmet symbolizing something the NFL has been trying to perfect as the main protection agent for the player against essentially brain damage - something for which the NFL has had a bad rap for a long while.

When Garrett ripped the helmet off Rudolph's head and then used that defense agent as a weapon against a defenseless player that took it to a whole new level. And he hit him on the one area that defense agent is supposed to protect.

Rudolph smartly stopped right there and threw his hands up. Got knocked down again with no helmet on and did nothing. In sports often the initiator gets away with it. In this case I'm not really sure how it all really started, but once that point of no return is reached, the league throws the book at you.
      Can't argue with you, but that doesn't make it right.

Also, it's very clear how it started...Rudolph trying to break Garrett's neck (and apparently kicking him in the sack).

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Also, it's very clear how it started...Rudolph trying to break Garrett's neck (and apparently kicking him in the sack).
        I agree that it doesn't make it right. Just is what it is sadly.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Yeah, I'd hate to play with a guy who defends himself when an opponent tries to twist his neck smooth off.

He shouldn't have swung, but far more wrong was done by others (or at least far more stupid).
          Did you read the quotes by Mayfield, Landry, Beckham, Kitchens?
          That division is still up for grabs. Browns trying to stay relevant. Now they lose their best defender.
          Stupid, selfish move by Garrett.
          Rudolph should definitely get a fine, or even suspension, but Myles ..... well, no place for what he did.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Does Garrett have Gordon's agent?

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Did you read the quotes by Mayfield, Landry, Beckham, Kitchens?
              That division is still up for grabs. Browns trying to stay relevant. Now they lose their best defender.
              Stupid, selfish move by Garrett.
              Rudolph should definitely get a fine, or even suspension, but Myles ..... well, no place for what he did.
              The quotes are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. At no point has anyone, myself included, defended Garrett's actions. They were stupid and selfish, as you said.

My point, and few are making this point, is that Rudolph was EQUALLY stupid and selfish and should be suspended equally. Same for Pouncey.

I would add that those who ARE NOT saying what Pouncey and Rudolph did was wrong/selfish/stupid (his teammates, coaches, and the media), well those people are idiots.

If I'm Mike Tomlin: "I don't care about Garrett. What he did is his coach's problem. But my guys acted selfishly and foolishly and we have to fix that. Rudolph, Pouncey, both those guys have to do better. Totally inappropriate and selfish on their part."

But that's me, I'm a fan of accountability.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Rudolph will reportedly be fined for grabbing at Garrett's helmet, which is an appropriate punishment for that. No way does that fall to the same level of idiocy as the 3 guys suspended though.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The quotes are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. At no point has anyone, myself included, defended Garrett's actions. They were stupid and selfish, as you said.

My point, and few are making this point, is that Rudolph was EQUALLY stupid and selfish and should be suspended equally. Same for Pouncey.

I would add that those who ARE NOT saying what Pouncey and Rudolph did was wrong/selfish/stupid (his teammates, coaches, and the media), well those people are idiots.

If I'm Mike Tomlin: "I don't care about Garrett. What he did is his coach's problem. But my guys acted selfishly and foolishly and we have to fix that. Rudolph, Pouncey, both those guys have to do better. Totally inappropriate and selfish on their part."

But that's me, I'm a fan of accountability.
                  I'm sure Steeler fans would be happy to have Rudolph suspended after last night's performance. But I wouldn't equate the two. Garrett crossed a red line.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

By that logic Cleveland's defenders should have head stomped Rudolph, or at least punched him?
                    Well, a brave Cleveland DL pushed him down from behind. He got a game.

Not the same thing though.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

How about Garrett's late hit driving Rudolph into the ground with 5 seconds left? That's really where it started.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
                        Figured Pouncey would get 2 or 3 game suspension as well. Throwing the punches and then kicking while someone is on the ground will always get some sort of suspension, no matter the initial reason.
                        I only saw the clip twice, but to me he was the only steeler that was quick to jump to his QBs defense and throw down with vigor. I wouldn’t give him any suspension at all but thats just because i liked what he did to protect his guy. Once Rudolph got clubbed with his own helmet, all bets are off as far as I’m concerned. Thats exactly what I want to see my OL do.

The other OL steeler in the frame was just hugging him, and there for a second i thought i saw him try to slip some tongue. Take from it what you will ... Pouncey is the man, the team should give him a bonus to cover the fine/game pay loss.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I'm sure Steeler fans would be happy to have Rudolph suspended after last night's performance. But I wouldn't equate the two. Garrett crossed a red line.
                          I don't know what a "red line" is. I lol at the first part though.

It's also not about equating, it's about inaugurating. Rudolph made the transition from football to fighting.

Comment

Working...
                          X