Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study week 13 JAX

Happy late humpday/week Diehards
    (stupid bushfires meddling with my PC time)

After the season we have had, this weeks Film Study left me in awe. It was like my draw jopped watching this display. I stood watching my TV and said to myself: Where was this team the last 4 weeks...truly an exciting performance and a peep at the potential this team has when it all works.

Just gonna focus on the Opening Drive. This says it all and then some. As usual the coaches film was slowed 50% so you can see its real beauty.

Play #1 Ekeler Run
    KA in motion already looking at who he gonna block. #75 Hariston does just enough to keep his guy inside. Henry with the great cut block and MWill with the downfield block. We got to see the run game we have all been starved of so far in 2019. Shout out to JAX DE who didnt keep contain and allowed this big play. Thanks mate

Play #2 K. Allen pass
    Credit to Rivers for changing to this play. He recognized the run blitz, and put Chargers in position to take advantage of it, he even points the defender thats gonna be exploited. Rivers at his best imo. The play starts off similar to the previous play, HH coming across really sold the run to JAX LB. Slayer doin what Slayer does and big chunk plays. I love how Allen is looking for the ball as soon as he past the LB, he and Rivers on the same page here.

Play #3 Pass Interference
    not much to say here, Allen had him beat for easy TD. Rivers again calling the defender out

Play #4 Gordon TD
    Wow what a formation. From left to right all beef:
    #88 Green - #69 Tevi - #76 Okung - #66 Feeny - # 61 Q - #75 Hairston - #78 Scott - #72 Howard
    Missing was Schofield?
    I love how Feeny pulls and crushed JAX CB. Green + Okung excellent at moving their man inside causing a clog. Derek Watt does enough to to keep Gordon clean (somehow block 2 guys?)and Gordon does the rest. Shout out to JAX #21 who wasnt interested in tackling today.

like i said in other thread:

Can we play Florida teams every week?
  • Craig440
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Good job I always enjoy film study.

Comment

• nomad1946
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2017
      • West Yellowstone, Montana
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Isn't #75 Schofield? I don't think Harrison has been around for a while.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
        Isn't #75 Schofield? I don't think Harrison has been around for a while.
        you are correct. I got it mixed up with Hairston.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Heck of a block by HH to spring Ekkie:

image.png

Comment

Working...
          X