• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

The Window Has Closed

Ever since LT, Brees and Rivers came here, I have been confident we were going to win a Super Bowl. We were always just a player away, a lucky break away, from getting there.

No longer. It's the end of an era. There is no longer anyone on this team or in this organization who can get us there.

And I'm sad about that.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Ever since LT, Brees and Rivers came here, I have been confident we were going to win a Super Bowl. We were always just a player away, a lucky break away, from getting there.

No longer. It's the end of an era. There is no longer anyone on this team or in this organization who can get us there.

And I'm sad about that.
    evidently, there never was.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

I just want them to beat the Chefs and the Faiders... that's all.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

i'm tired of being off-season AFCW champs.

1 title in 10 years is shameful.

time to blow it up and win the real title ACFW multiple times.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Fuck it.. lets start over...

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Beating that damn horse corpse again but who exactly is gonna be the architect of our new superbowl worthy team?Only as strong as your foundation.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I've been a fan of Rivers for a long time but the last 5 games have convinced me he's done. If they play it right, they could bounce back next year.

I'm not so sure the door has closed. Let Rivers go and you have a nice bunch of money to land some help for the OL, maybe a LB or DT. Then draft a #3 WR and see how much you can do with Tyrod at QB. He's not known for serving up picks and with a better OL he could put us back in the running.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

can't get onboard here as do think regrouping w/Phil is our best bet heading into Hollywood Park.

my first comment is that the fans/this board's expectations were way off/too high.... w/how vulnerable we were to injury concerns re: the both of Pouncey and Okung, w/the unfortunate abstaining from signing guys like Danny Shelton, Jamie Collins and Jon Bostic in FA, and instead signing "one of our own," we retained/overpaid Mebane and immediately anointed Tillery as the second coming @DT.

speaking for myself, I have a clear prerogative for next offseason.... sign FA Olinemen to short deals that are relatively easy to get out of sooner than later.... sign a solid/good NT and retain Sly.... if there are other Charger compatible players, and regardless of need (i.e. Tevin Coleman)…. sign them.

we need to replace MG3 w/early talent in the draft, and ditto for someone @slot receiver.... there is also ample talent @CB in this draft, as we could use some depth there.

if we move on from Okung, Mebane, Thomas Davis and Tyrod, we add $37m in cap space to are already projected $54m.... would prefer to address the Oline in FA first and foremost, along w/NT.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  I've been a fan of Rivers for a long time but the last 5 games have convinced me he's done. If they play it right, they could bounce back next year.

I'm not so sure the door has closed. Let Rivers go and you have a nice bunch of money to land some help for the OL, maybe a LB or DT. Then draft a #3 WR and see how much you can do with Tyrod at QB. He's not known for serving up picks and with a better OL he could put us back in the running.
                  I like the cut of your jib.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I want to keep Tyrod as plan B or even as a stop-gap
                    while we build the Oline and defense.
                    hes a pro qb who would be a good influence on any youngster
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

So Lynn's plan has been successful, he is getting rid of Rivers and finally having his boy play QB...

Anyway, the guy couldnt keep his job in Buffalo and couldnt earn the job in Cleveland... not a good sign to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X