Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    No one is saying it's not nice to get a guy who can run, but the vast majority of college QB who are runners are runners first and passing is a distant second.

Rivers actually has decent mobility, believe it or not. If he has a chance to get slide or step up, he is actually quite good. Rivers is never going to get yardage scrambling, but he can buy time in the pocket if given a chance. The problem has been the jailbreak is on this season, and he has no where to go much of the time, or he is focused on getting rid of the ball, and letting the rush get to him. Lamar Jackson would be horrible behind our line, what with the quick penetration and the total collapse of the pocket..
    Lamar is a better passer than Rivers today.
    defenses would have to also defend LJ much differently so you probably won’t see the Oline collapsing as much
    we’ve seen LJ make defenses pay for quick penetration
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• PMR9FAN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
      pr doesnt get sacked as much because he'd rather throw the ball away than take a sack. that's why other more mobile QBs get sacked more than pr...they think they can escape and buy more time. the stat I'm interested in is on these mobile QBs...how many times do they escape the pocket and get positive yards versus pr just throwing it away to avoid a sack? or how many times do the mobile QBs escape and get positive yards versus pr throwing it up for grabs? we all know a lot of mobile QBs get sacked more than pr but how does it compare to the yards they lose versus the yards they gain from running for yards? I'm sure Russell Wilson, a great passer AND a great runner, gets sacked more often than rivers. who here would NOT take wilson over rivers? I SURE AS HELL wouldnt be the one to take rivers over wilson.

and the jab at rivers looking like a wounded giraffe has been around a while now...not just this year when he's sucked more. if you look at him run he looks like one, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
      In the immortal words of Mike Gundy, “That’s not true. So get your facts straight!”

Rodgers and Rivers have essentially identical career completion percentages (64.7 and 64.6 respectively), so your theory that Rivers throws the ball away more just isn’t true.

I am not saying escapability doesn’t help ... it certainly does. But I firmly believe there will always be room in this league for the classic drop-back passer. Quick release, accurate, intelligent, strong leader. Oh yeah, that’s PhillyRiv.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

it's about adding as many dimensions as possible as a player. when all you have is a passer with no threat of running you lose a defender trying to defend you. instead he's defending another offensive player and not worried about your running ability. of course we all want a rivers passer (at least of the past) with the legs of at least a cousins. just makes it a little bit more difficult to defend. and this year there hasnt been a whole lot to defend regarding the pass, either. those who keep saying a mobile QB wont make a difference...how do you know that? just like we dont know if he will succeed. BUT we've had a statue QB for long enough now to know the results with what we currently have. insanity...the bolts way of doing things.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
          Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
          • Jun 2013
          • Palm Springs
          • I know nothing
          • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
          and from the headline I just saw on ESPN.. regarding his contract... It's all fucking over. ( Hope it's fake news)
          What headline?

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

In the immortal words of Mike Gundy, “That’s not true. So get your facts straight!”

Rodgers and Rivers have essentially identical career completion percentages (64.7 and 64.6 respectively), so your theory that Rivers throws the ball away more just isn’t true.

I am not saying escapability doesn’t help ... it certainly does. But I firmly believe there will always be room in this league for the classic drop-back passer. Quick release, accurate, intelligent, strong leader. Oh yeah, that’s PhillyRiv.
            of course there will be room for pocket passers. but it's not working with this team and their swiss cheese oline. now look at TD-INT ratio. I havent looked it up but Rodgers is consistently in the single digits, a lot of years his TD-INT ratio is at least 3-1. He's not like Alex Smith in the days when all Alex did were checkdowns but his TDs have always been way higher than his INTs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Lamar is a better passer than Rivers today.
              defenses would have to also defend LJ much differently so you probably won’t see the Oline collapsing as much
              we’ve seen LJ make defenses pay for quick penetration
              We saw what happened when Ingram/Bosa got quick penetration in the playoff game last year on Jackson. Jackson is better from a nice pocket than Rivers is from a crumbling pocket.

The fact is that the Baltimore offensive line is way ahead of the Chargers.

Comment

• AFCWEST
                Registered Chiefs Fan
                • Dec 2018
                • Send PM

https://vlipsy.com/vlip/mike-gundy-t...aight-nA6lpowe

Difference. Rogers put up stats bringing the team back and winning. Rivers career is inflated by garbage time stats in loss after loss..

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Difference. Rogers put up stats bringing the team back and winning. Rivers career is inflated by garbage time stats in loss after loss..
                  Garbage time in one score games?

More fake news. I am going to coin a new term: RDS. Rivers Derangement Syndrome.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Garbage time in one score games?

More fake news. I am going to coin a new term: RDS. Rivers Derangement Syndrome.
                    that can be taken another way...that he cant get the team back from 1 score down and chokes. sure rivers is better than, at this point, maybe half the QBs in the league? but that puts the bolts right back at mediocre and middling. we've tried this trick. it isnt working. time to try something else. and I'm not enamored with the OC and his super vanilla bs O. thought whiz was bad? IMO steichen cant hold a candle to whiz. also, forget about the O being ranked high....it's yards. yards do not equate to points. like a lot of yards can be made up in garbage time. i'd rather have a middling O yards-wise but ranked high in points scored. some of it goes hand in hand but the bolts never do anything by the book.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

that can be taken another way...that he cant get the team back from 1 score down and chokes. sure rivers is better than, at this point, maybe half the QBs in the league? but that puts the bolts right back at mediocre and middling. we've tried this trick. it isnt working. time to try something else. and I'm not enamored with the OC and his super vanilla bs O. thought whiz was bad? IMO steichen cant hold a candle to whiz. also, forget about the O being ranked high....it's yards. yards do not equate to points. like a lot of yards can be made up in garbage time. i'd rather have a middling O yards-wise but ranked high in points scored. some of it goes hand in hand but the bolts never do anything by the book.
                      How about the games he did get us a lead only for the defense to blow it or get us in FG range to win and the kicker miss? That's happened a lot but it seems posters only like to talk about the negative part of it. Amazing.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• RobH
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Tokyo, Japan
                        • University English Lecturer
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

How about the games he did get us a lead only for the defense to blow it or get us in FG range to win and the kicker miss? That's happened a lot but it seems posters only like to talk about the negative part of it. Amazing.
                        Exactly. I’ve tried to find those stats but I just don’t have enough time to do so. 16-hour days are killing me.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

sure there are those. I'm offering a different perspective. there are rivers supporters and those who want a new direction. I was a staunch rivers supporter until this year where he has made some of the most absurd tosses. Amazing.
                          it's time to move on. the years after Fouts hurt but he was going downhill as well. like I said earlier it's time to rip the band-aid off instead of gently pealing it away only to prolong the agony. let the healing begin.

Comment

Working...
                          X